2007 BMW Z4 Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Z4 model:
Most enjoyable car I've owned
By aquila163 on 05/01/11 07:51 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0si 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is the most enjoyable car I have ever owned. I got my 07 Z4 Si on a 2 year lease. After 18 months I had a lot of miles left because I also owned my last Corvette and can only drive so much. My wife and I took a 2100 mile road trip to Disney World to use up some miles. When we got back, I sold the Vette and bought this car off lease. I now have just over 4 years in the car and now that the original warranty has expired I have made an extensive search for a replacement. I CAN'T find anything I like better so I'm keeping it. It gets over 30 mpg on the highway and the sports car ride is tight but never abusive. I would recommend this car to anyone looking for a genuine sports car.

Love my car
By Fastcar on 01/14/10 16:41 PM (PST)

2007 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I'm having the time of my life driving this car. I'm a short (5'3") female and this is the first car that I feel I really fit in. It looks fabulous, drives great and has provided the best driving experience I've ever had. I've taken it on 2 road trips (one 500 miles, and the other 700 miles) and was amazed at how my back didn't hurt after. My only heart burn is the large lease payment that I make every month.... other than that it's great!

Good Looks, Terrible Ride
By DCDoc on 10/02/09 18:58 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Worst Car I've Ever Owned. Although the car is a head turner, I am anxiously counting the days until my lease is over and I can turn this horrible car back to the dealership. German suspensions are wonderful for flawless German roads, but unfortunately, the suspension is way, way too stiff for flawed American roads. The ride is HORRIBLE. I feel every bump in the road. The seats are poorly padded and after a half hour in the car I am ready to get out of it ASAP. Sadly, I took it from Washington DC to New York and by the time I got to my destination I wanted to leave it on the side of the road. That was the last road trip for it, now only use it because it is small and easy to park.

Roadster
By Bijan on 11/15/08 13:52 PM (PST)

2007 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Great car, love the styling; straight-six sounds great and the manual gearbox is super-smooth. Love the seating position, as well as the interior space with the easy-folding top up. Very nice to drive, the car is very communicative and gives you lots of confidence, brakes are amazing and stop the car with little drama. My only complaint is with the interior build-quality. The one-piece door panels are great, but the steering column is tilted, a cup holder is broken (I don't even use them) and the transmission tunnel plastic trim squeaks when you rest your arm on it. Besides that, everything you touch is of high-quality and just driving it takes your mind off its few squabbles.

What I expected
By Retired & loving it on 08/27/08 13:39 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this car as a retirement present present to myself (curiously, I see a lot of guys (mostly) my age driving these cars!). I have thoroughly enjoyed driving for short hops. I have taken 3 trips of 500 miles and this is not the car for it. The RFTs amplify the bumps on bad roads, and we all know what I-95 can be like. Other than that, it is so much fun to drive and cornering is a terrific experience. I have the 6-speed manual and wouldn't consider the automatic - that would just be wrong in a sports car.

Design getting better with age
By rdavidz on 05/24/08 07:48 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0si 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

When the Z4 came out to replace the Z3, I thought they ruined the idea. It's a much different car and when you drive it, you can forget about the Z3. The lines on the car all seem to fit and have purpose, even though I'm not a fan of the Bangle designs. I bought the Z4 3.0si convertible which is a fast car and looks unbelievable with the sport package and 18" wheels. The sport package completely changes the look and driving of the car, it's a must. It's fast enough even with the auto trans which has the paddle shifters. The extended leather and premium M seats are a must too. All the options raise the price, but if you're seriously considering this car, cost is not a concern.

Instant, incredible fun
By Fred on 04/22/08 17:37 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Nothing like completely changing a day as to hop into the Z and spring off into the night. Incredible driving experience and am lucky to have many windy roads to enjoy. Fun, fun, fun!

2007 BMW Z4 3.0si 6 spd manual
By Dee on 04/21/08 10:16 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0si 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased my Z4 for pleasure driving only (sunshine time). This was to replace my previous convertible of 5 years that I sold last year. After test driving numerous cars, once I sat in the Z4 I knew this was one for me. It amazes me every time I take it out for a drive! Usually there is a limit that a car can handle in driving performance but I still can't find it with this Z4. It's like "I can take that, I dare you to go farther!" Needless to say, this is a car that can get you in trouble. BMW really knows how to design and build an exceptional convertible. They have mastered what it takes to create an unparalleled driving experience. I am impressed.

Want to have fun? Drive this!
By Joe on 04/09/08 09:34 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Purchased mine certified used with 11000 miles on it. Very fun to drive! Looks fast, is fast. I rarely used to put the windows down in my old cars, but with this car I put the windows and top down every chance I get! I get many compliments on it--it is simply a sharp looking car and turns plenty of heads. I love how Z4s are not as widely popular as, say, a 3-series and that was a big reason why I purchased mine. If you're looking to buy, seriously consider the metallic silver color with premium package. With the sharp angles of the body styling, silver looks beautiful!

Beware of Z4 deficiencies!
By Not Happy on 11/09/07 18:39 PM (PST)

2007 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0si 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This review focuses more on the bad... fragile paint (scratches too easily), mostly plastic (can't wax out those scratches), annoying beeper (won't shut up for 1 minute, no chimes!), seat belt can't be adjusted (irritates neck), runflat tires sensitive (added air twice in 4 months), 6 speed manual doesn't shift smoothly, doesn't hold value (depreciated $13K < 4 months, so I'm stuck!), steering keeps driver way too active, ride quality on rough roads is unacceptable (feel every imperfection!), noisy with roof up, rattles. BMW engineers have ruined this car! Our 2003 Z4 was superior! Yep, I have high standards, especially when I pay $47K+ for a new BMW!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.