2007 BMW Z4 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Z4 model:
Love my car
By Fastcar on 01/14/10 16:41 PM (PST)

2007 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I'm having the time of my life driving this car. I'm a short (5'3") female and this is the first car that I feel I really fit in. It looks fabulous, drives great and has provided the best driving experience I've ever had. I've taken it on 2 road trips (one 500 miles, and the other 700 miles) and was amazed at how my back didn't hurt after. My only heart burn is the large lease payment that I make every month.... other than that it's great!

Good Looks, Terrible Ride
By DCDoc on 10/02/09 18:58 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Worst Car I've Ever Owned. Although the car is a head turner, I am anxiously counting the days until my lease is over and I can turn this horrible car back to the dealership. German suspensions are wonderful for flawless German roads, but unfortunately, the suspension is way, way too stiff for flawed American roads. The ride is HORRIBLE. I feel every bump in the road. The seats are poorly padded and after a half hour in the car I am ready to get out of it ASAP. Sadly, I took it from Washington DC to New York and by the time I got to my destination I wanted to leave it on the side of the road. That was the last road trip for it, now only use it because it is small and easy to park.

Roadster
By Bijan on 11/15/08 13:52 PM (PST)

2007 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Great car, love the styling; straight-six sounds great and the manual gearbox is super-smooth. Love the seating position, as well as the interior space with the easy-folding top up. Very nice to drive, the car is very communicative and gives you lots of confidence, brakes are amazing and stop the car with little drama. My only complaint is with the interior build-quality. The one-piece door panels are great, but the steering column is tilted, a cup holder is broken (I don't even use them) and the transmission tunnel plastic trim squeaks when you rest your arm on it. Besides that, everything you touch is of high-quality and just driving it takes your mind off its few squabbles.

What I expected
By Retired & loving it on 08/27/08 13:39 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this car as a retirement present present to myself (curiously, I see a lot of guys (mostly) my age driving these cars!). I have thoroughly enjoyed driving for short hops. I have taken 3 trips of 500 miles and this is not the car for it. The RFTs amplify the bumps on bad roads, and we all know what I-95 can be like. Other than that, it is so much fun to drive and cornering is a terrific experience. I have the 6-speed manual and wouldn't consider the automatic - that would just be wrong in a sports car.

Instant, incredible fun
By Fred on 04/22/08 17:37 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Nothing like completely changing a day as to hop into the Z and spring off into the night. Incredible driving experience and am lucky to have many windy roads to enjoy. Fun, fun, fun!

Want to have fun? Drive this!
By Joe on 04/09/08 09:34 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Purchased mine certified used with 11000 miles on it. Very fun to drive! Looks fast, is fast. I rarely used to put the windows down in my old cars, but with this car I put the windows and top down every chance I get! I get many compliments on it--it is simply a sharp looking car and turns plenty of heads. I love how Z4s are not as widely popular as, say, a 3-series and that was a big reason why I purchased mine. If you're looking to buy, seriously consider the metallic silver color with premium package. With the sharp angles of the body styling, silver looks beautiful!

2007 BMW Z4
By JerefromYorbaLinda on 09/09/07 22:07 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I wanted a little excitement in my life and this car really does the trick. It's so much fun to drive, I hate to get out of it. I leased the 3.0 convertible w/automatic trans and premium pkg. Punch this baby and you're on a roll. This car turns heads everywhere I go. It looks fast, it is fast, and it sticks to the road like glue.

Worth looking into
By DagaLasVegas on 01/13/07 21:00 PM (PST)

2007 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This car is a definite good buy. I have leased this 2006 BMW Z4 3.0i and so far I have been satisfied. The overall perfomance is great but one thing I would rather have is front wheel drive instead of rear because it affects driving in rain. Since I live in Las Vegas the rain is not an often issue, but when it actually rains I have to watch out and drive carefully on turns. Gas mileage is rather typical for 3.0. Interior design is not what I have expected and this is my biggest disappointment. It really looks cheap maybe because I am used to Audi's unusual design but still this is not so good for a BMW.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.