2006 BMW Z4 Consumer Review: What a ride!

2006 BMW Z4 - Consumer Review

3.0si 2dr Hatchback (3.0L 6-cyl. 6-speed Manual)

What a ride!
By bcubed on

2006 BMW Z4 3.0si 2dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I am very critical when it comes to my taste in sports cars. My Z4 coupe is without a doubt, the best sports car that I have ever owned. The car does what it is designed to do - be driven! Some reviews suggest a harsh ride and limited visibility due to the coupe's distinctly low profile. For a driving enthusiast, these are attributes, not faults. The build quality is on par with other vehicles in its class, and the smile this thing puts on my face every time I turn the key is priceless.

Bold and eye catching design in spite of the mixed automotive press reviews. Cabin is nicely appointed for the driving enthusiast. The ride is firm, but not too hard. Acceleration is terrific (even compared to the G35 coupe that I owned previously).

Better ergonomic placement of shoulder harness. Access to CD changer is not DIY friendly. This car is not for the timid, it takes patience to master proper clutch timing.