Nice but not for me
By Midlifemom on
2006 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)
I bought this Z4 two years ago and only drive it 6000 miles a year. The seats are uncomfortable despite their quality, and the shifter/armrest arrangement causes one to slurp to the right while driving- ends up uncomfortable. Vision is not good on Left. Wonderful car, so very beautiful, but harsh on the highway with run flats. Runs like the wind, hits 100 right away. Chippy in the tracks on the interstate, enormous blind spot, not easy to back up. Just not comfortable enough for a daily driver or frequent driver. Reliability superb, but I have to crawl out of it. When I saw it, I simply had to have it, then never drove it much and it just sat in the garage. Nice, but think twice.
Favorite Features
Wood grain dash, cream leather seats, heated seats on when the top is down on a cool spring or fall day. Nice power- snick the gears and go any speed you wish. Nice gearing- nicely spaced and nice feel to shifter- solid, crisp, no wiggling, gears exactly where one expects. A jet without wings.
Suggested Improvements
Widen the rear window to allow a peak over one's left shoulder for changing lanes. Allow seats to come up one inch. Allow arm rest to come up one inch. Bigger external mirrors. Get rid of dreadful run flats, figure out a spare donut. Rattles behind seat, make lower front end dam soft plastic.