Used 2006 BMW Z4 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Z4 model:

Love My Z
By Laurence

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

The 2006 Z4 is a great ride! Not only great looking (I get compliments several times a week), but a great drive. It rockets off the line with the 6 speed SMG paddles providing visions of F1 dancing through my head. It eats up curves, I have had it +70 mph on highway exit ramps and is very roomy for a 2 seater. All that and I use it as my daily driver too. It gets me to and from work, and has even hauled the groceries in a pinch with its very usable trunk space. Overall it is just plain fun... a practical car that you can race in a pinch, take a nice Sunday drive or go shopping in.

The control. I have driven other roadsters and Bimmers before, but the turning ability and response in this vehicle is surreal!

A little better gas mileage might be nice. Granted, that is not why you buy a car like this and it could be the aggresive way I drive it (it dares me though!) but with top down sport driving in real life I only average about 14 MPG. Other than that, this is about as good as driving gets!

Alpine white beauty
By JeffM16

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Have had my Z4 for a week now and even with trying to take the car from my wife and constantly arguing about whose car is it, it's still worth every second of owning. After owning my first BMW I don't believe I could ever own another brand.

Everything from the sleek aerodynamic design to the awesome exhaust sound when at about 4000 rpms or higher. The quality of the Z4 is untouchable.

The seatbelt cuts into your neck leaving a mark on it. I try bringing the belt down towards my chest but it keeps creeping up. Other than that.. come on, it's a bmw.

To-Much-Fun
By Gene Vest

2006 BMW Z4 3.0si 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

After 4600 miles, I am thrilled with this car. It is much more fun to drive than my 2005 C5 vette was, and the interior is quiet enough for conversation with the top down on the interstate. The engine provides pleanty of power, and I love getting 33.1 MPG on the highway. The handling is excellent with the sport pacakge and 18" wheels, but it does try to follow road grooves at lower speeds. The cabin and trunk are large for this type car, but the standard seats are a bit alcking in support and style. I wuold get the M seats if buying another one. This is a great looking car that really turns heads. This is my daily driver and handles wet weather wonderfully.

Power, handling, style, the power top

The rain sensing wipers are difficult to manage, and you can not set an intermittent interval with the feature engaged. It is senseless to have to return to the dealership to have preferences, such as the wipers and daytime runing lights, set.

Got it... love it
By skoot

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I just climbed out of a 02 toyota mr2 into a new z4. I love the power, the room, the automatic top. I can't get the smile off my face... what a nice change! The z4 is just what I needed. I used to have a 99 corvette and I like this z4 even better than I did the vette and I liked the vette a lot.

Handling is first on my list followed by styling. What a beauty. The sound system is almost as good as the bose in my vette was.

Control the Power
By Anant Bhakta

2006 BMW Z4 3.0si 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

BMW z4 3.0si is built for fast car driver. I drove nissan 350z, honda s2000, Mazdarx8, lexus sc430 but z4 is diffrent. I was in love with car after 1st ride. Got to have that ultimate Driving Machine.

Sport shifting my thumb.

You can bulid better than this.