2006 BMW Z4 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Z4 model:
Z4 3.0si Roadster... simply amazing
By JLong on 07/20/06 11:26 AM (PDT)

2006 BMW Z4 3.0si 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

We ordered our car, chose every option and all colors. We chose Silver Gray Metallic paint, Gray Top, Aluminum Trim, Heated Dream Red Leather M Sport Seats, Premium Package, Sport Package, Xenons, and a 6-Speed Manual Transmission. We absolutely love our car and couldn't be happier!

Z4 Coupe - A True Sports Car from BMW
By blacktalon on 07/16/06 21:56 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW Z4 3.0si 2dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

When I saw the photos of the Z4 Coupe concept at the Geneva Motor Show, I knew that if its performance lived up to its style, I wanted one. I've been car shopping on and off for the last couple years -- and seriously since last November. I've test driven the Boxster, S2000, 350Z, G35 Coupe, RX-8, and even a Mustang GT. All fine cars, but none of them exactly what I was looking for. I wanted a fast, nimble, two-seater hardtop sports car that was equally fun when you floored the accelerator as when you took it through the twisties. The fact that the Z4 Coupe was drop-dead gorgeous sealed the deal. I've owned it for a month, and I love it. It's everything I thought it would be.

Red Hot and Fun
By JJMac on 07/05/06 19:56 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW Z4 3.0si 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I now just turned 1000 miles on this car. The sound of the straight 6 is so sweet. The motor pulls so nicely downshifting is not required to pass. I ordered with the sport supension love the wheels but hate the way the car jumps from rut to rut on the freeway the dealer told me thats caused by the low profile tires. The mileage is great, love the power top passed on the M sports seat way too tight.

As good as it gets!
By Flyby on 06/27/06 07:48 AM (PDT)

2006 BMW Z4 3.0si 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

It's hard to explain the joy this car brings. Everything works together perfectly in the Z4 to create one awesome driving experience. BMW has to make some of the best engines I've ever driven. Smooth strong power from any RPM range. The sport suspension mode is incredible!

My new BMW Z4 Roadster
By Jim The Eagle on 06/19/06 17:41 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW Z4 3.0si 2dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

The Z4 has exceeded my expectations. It is fun to drive and goes where you point it. The quality of workmanship is evident clearly in every respect. It is quiet, with wind noise the largest sound factor. Even the gas mileage is better than I had expected. A small negative is that the display is a bit hard to see in bright daylight with the top down. It is hard to graceful when entering and exiting the car. This is common with roadsters. With the top in place there is a feeling of spaciousness. The trunk is big enough for traveling. Worth the price.

Genuine Sports Car
By Denise on 06/03/06 09:28 AM (PDT)

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Just love everything about this car. Beautiful looks, fun to drive, comfortable inside, tremendous service from BMW. Just all around satisfied.

1st 1,000 miles
By skiboth on 06/03/06 06:04 AM (PDT)

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This car really makes you want to find a longer way home. It makes it difficult to work, when your mind keeps wandering to the car waiting outside. Be careful, it is hard to drive anywhere close to the speed limit no matter what kind of roads you are on. In normal mode the suspension is the perfect balance between comfort and handling (even my wife is comfortable riding in it), sport mode is just WOW! I am sure that my less than advertised fuel economy is attributable to the fun factor. This car was designed to go fast, and make you feel good doing it. I have owned roadsters for the last 30 years and the 2006 Z4 is by far the best one so far.

My Baby
By Ed Womble on 06/01/06 17:06 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Driving this car is even more exhilarating that I imagined. The smooth powerful feeling of driving the Z4 reminds me of my earlier days with my old 280Z and 300ZX. I love the power top which is controllable from either the front panel, the door lock, or externally from the key via blue tooth. Shifting through the 6 forward gears is a dream. Beyond my expectations, my golf clubs do fit in the trunk, although I have to carefully arrange them. The run flat tires have already bailed me out of a tight situation -- thanks BMW, great idea.

Z4-Great job BMW
By iavagabond on 05/28/06 19:36 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW Z4 3.0si 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Handling is fantastic. Very responsive in every way. Interior materials are great. Very comfy car. Fit & finish couldn't be better. We're happy with this car in every possible way.

Amazing car
By Jeff Hubbard on 04/18/06 21:22 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I absolutely adore my new Z4. I have never had a car that handles so magnificently and that attracts so many stares. Whether in heavy traffic or the open road the car is a treat to drive. The convertible top opens so easily and in less than 10 seconds. The Z4 accelerates with a flourish and truly "hugs the road". What a dream!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.