2006 BMW Z4 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Z4 model:
Z4 Coupe 3.0si... so far, so good
By BS06NOVA on 09/07/06 08:01 AM (PDT)

2006 BMW Z4 3.0si 2dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I followed this vehicle since the X Coupe Concept unveiling in Jan '01 and loved the look the moment I saw it. Previously owned a '00 Z3 M Coupe (S52 engine) and would rate the Z4 similarly but with welcome upgrades in chassis stiffness and cabin noise reduction. I-6 is inherently smooth, mechanically sophisticated, and refined but not sleep-inducing. Much better than the M3's S54 which I found to be rough, unappealingly raspy, and difficult to drive smoothly in traffic. Materials quality and fit and finish is fine but doesn't approach VW/Audi. Great steering feel and response. Somewhat heavy but appropriate clutch and shifting.

The Ultimate Driving Machine
By msaunders on 09/01/06 05:09 AM (PDT)

2006 BMW Z4 3.0si 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

The faster I go the better it holds the road. The torque is awesome. I love the paddle shifters on the steering wheel. The exhaust sound really makes you feel exhilarated.

Z4 a Great Drivers Car
By smimbs on 08/27/06 21:35 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Z4 handles great and is lots of fun to drive. After 2300 miles I am very happy with everything except the Run Flat Tires.

Only a Step Away
By joe on 08/24/06 19:15 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I like its looks that's why I bought it. But the gas mileage! Try 14-18 mpg. Interior really small. You sit too low. Love the power top, but why not hard top like the SLK? Noisy, too. The ride is a lot more bumpy than it should be for a luxury roadster. The 3.0i is slower for sure, I wish I had bought the M class after all. Come on BMW, you cheap bums, for the money we pay, give us free DVD Nav, Sat radio, more goodies and less rear blind spots. Lose the paddles, who needs them? They look stupid, anyway. Give us better looking wheels and a leather wrapped better looking steering wheel.

3.0 si is the best BMW ever
By Michael on 08/22/06 23:12 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW Z4 3.0si 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

The new BMW Z4 3.0si is a huge improvement over the last Z4. I just traded my 2003 3.0i. The Sport suspension and 18 inch wheels are fantastic, as is the new engine. Absolutely fantastic- I am driving with a grin, finding excuses to drive. Great car.

First impressions
By Illini_Fan on 08/22/06 11:35 AM (PDT)

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Bought a 3.0i after comparing it to the Nissan Z, the Volvo C7, and a few others. This car is very fun - the interior (beige leather) looks great. The 6-speed manual is smooth. Haven't encountered any negative items in the 2 weeks I've had it. Some minor things I think BMW should change, but those are convenience items and don't detract from the overall rating of this car. I really like it.

Making Time for Fun
By Z4Convert on 08/21/06 09:45 AM (PDT)

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I leased my Z4 and I am very happy that I was able to keep my other car. My Z4 is for my pleasure excursions. Since I don't drive it every day, it is always a treat when I lower myself into the driver's seat. The SMG is the best feature. California is full of stop and go traffic so I don't have to deal with a manual transmission until I want to. When I hit the open highway, I really enjoy the ability to shift gears on my own. Not quite the same as having a clutch, but it's the closest thing to the best of both worlds. My car has made me look forward to long weekends. I'm already looking forward to the end of my lease and the ability to get a Z4 M.

Z4
By Doc on 08/15/06 17:37 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Don't get me wrong. I bought it, okay? But... the Z4 is fun to drive and stylish, but cramped as hell, hard to get in and out. Bad gas mileage. Fast, though

Lots of fun - needs more storage
By LasVegasPhil on 08/06/06 15:35 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have out about 500 miles on this in two weeks- took it over the mountains to go to court. Lots of curves and twists, and the car hung in there every step. I also own an '06 Boxster that holds the road better but can't complain about this car. Storage is always a problem in a roadster, but even BMW should have a coin holder/tray of some kind. Maybe should have gotten the 3.0 si but this car has plenty of power. Love it!

Z4 Coupe - a car to love
By whitby on 07/29/06 20:49 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW Z4 3.0si 2dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This car is the answer to all those people who wanted a sports car but did not want a convertible. This is a true "grand tourer" with usable trunk space in combination with superb handling and performance. The new 3.0 litre engine is powerful with enough torque to make driving in the town/city easy. On top of all this the car is superb to look at. It somehow finishes off the convertible and makes it into a classy good looking car (always a plus when you spend this sort of money). It is comfortable for me (I am 6' 1" tall) and does not feel crowded in the cabin. Handling is great due to the 50/50 balance and the steering nicely weighted with good road feedback (though not as good as the 5).

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.