Used 2006 BMW Z4 3.0i Consumer Reviews - 28 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Z4 model:

From a Z-3 To a Z-4
By K-Bone

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Well i went from a z-3 to a z-4 miss the curves and the shark gills on the side, but love the power cornering one touch roof and better sound system then the z3.Cup holders in a great spot,not in way of stick shift. Larger trunk,can fit golf clubs and small cooler in this one. They also put a glass window in this one instead of the ole plastic one. Great lighting one the front light up the road also. Owned a 2003 Boxster also at one time and this is less of a money out of pocket kind of car also.

Great sound and pick up. Good sound system,bluetooth system works better then my solo headset, headlights really light up the road and nice driving lights, gas mileage is kind on the pocket also. One touch roof fabulous.

Could have come with security system instead of a pricey add on. A quicker door unlock response from the key chain.6 disc changer would be nice also even if in trunk like z-3 was.

My Toy
By Bob

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I finally bought a 3rd car for our family. I have always wanted a convertible sports car. After a lot of test driving and research, we decided to purchase a used 2006 with 8,000 miles on it from the certified lot at our local BMW store. We have absolutely no regrets!! I had my heart set on a Porsche Boxster, but after test driving the Z4 I was sold. We have had it for over a year and it still puts a smile on my face every time I get in. Strong acceleration, handling, and comfort. I even drove it 487 miles in one day with the top down and loved every minute of it!!

Acceleration, styling, and handling. Solid straight forward interior design, just right for a rag top.

Better radio display and iPod jack (standard), hard to see with the sun shining in. A little more power. I know I should have purchased the 3.0si.

Zed 4 3.0i
By Kipper

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this car after test driving SLKs, Miatas, Z300s, Boxsters and S2000s. The Zed 4 3.0i, although not the highest performing Zed 4, seems to be more refined than the other cars I tested. The handling is crisp and throttle response is quick. The 3.0i is not particularly quick for this class, but does provide a 0-60 mph time under six seconds. It is a good highway cruiser but a bit bumpy on the backroads. However, I never lost any confidence in handling while on bumpy roads. I'm averaging 24 miles per gallon, driving in both highway and city. The body style is a real head turner and the interior seems to fit the body style.

The interior space is large compared to the other cars I tested. The trunk is larger than the other cars in this class. This car came with an automatic transmission with the paddle shifters. This car came with the optional 'sport' mode. Sport mode gives the 3.0i and extra kick in performance.

BMW should do a better job at quality control. I found several small but irritating flaws. The clear plastic cover on the tach was smeared on the back of the glass which impedes my view during certain lighting conditions. I would add the extra 15 horsepower to the 3.0i like other BMW 3.0 engines.

Fun car
By Chete

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is a retiree's escape to a driving dream. It is a fun car. The optional wind turbulance deflectors allow a newspaper to lie on the passenger seat at 70 mph. The selectronic 6 speed is very smooth. The turn radius is sharp. Handling is tight on turns. A solid runner.

The fast hands free top that cycles in 10 seconds. Sufficiently quiet with top down. The smooth auto tran.

A tad more power with the 3.0i; wish now had chosen the 3si. Otherwise, a very very fine roadster.

Love My Z
By Laurence

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

The 2006 Z4 is a great ride! Not only great looking (I get compliments several times a week), but a great drive. It rockets off the line with the 6 speed SMG paddles providing visions of F1 dancing through my head. It eats up curves, I have had it +70 mph on highway exit ramps and is very roomy for a 2 seater. All that and I use it as my daily driver too. It gets me to and from work, and has even hauled the groceries in a pinch with its very usable trunk space. Overall it is just plain fun... a practical car that you can race in a pinch, take a nice Sunday drive or go shopping in.

The control. I have driven other roadsters and Bimmers before, but the turning ability and response in this vehicle is surreal!

A little better gas mileage might be nice. Granted, that is not why you buy a car like this and it could be the aggresive way I drive it (it dares me though!) but with top down sport driving in real life I only average about 14 MPG. Other than that, this is about as good as driving gets!