2006 BMW Z4 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Z4 model:
Z4
By Doc on 08/15/06 17:37 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Don't get me wrong. I bought it, okay? But... the Z4 is fun to drive and stylish, but cramped as hell, hard to get in and out. Bad gas mileage. Fast, though

Lots of fun - needs more storage
By LasVegasPhil on 08/06/06 15:35 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have out about 500 miles on this in two weeks- took it over the mountains to go to court. Lots of curves and twists, and the car hung in there every step. I also own an '06 Boxster that holds the road better but can't complain about this car. Storage is always a problem in a roadster, but even BMW should have a coin holder/tray of some kind. Maybe should have gotten the 3.0 si but this car has plenty of power. Love it!

Genuine Sports Car
By Denise on 06/03/06 09:28 AM (PDT)

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Just love everything about this car. Beautiful looks, fun to drive, comfortable inside, tremendous service from BMW. Just all around satisfied.

1st 1,000 miles
By skiboth on 06/03/06 06:04 AM (PDT)

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This car really makes you want to find a longer way home. It makes it difficult to work, when your mind keeps wandering to the car waiting outside. Be careful, it is hard to drive anywhere close to the speed limit no matter what kind of roads you are on. In normal mode the suspension is the perfect balance between comfort and handling (even my wife is comfortable riding in it), sport mode is just WOW! I am sure that my less than advertised fuel economy is attributable to the fun factor. This car was designed to go fast, and make you feel good doing it. I have owned roadsters for the last 30 years and the 2006 Z4 is by far the best one so far.

My Baby
By Ed Womble on 06/01/06 17:06 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Driving this car is even more exhilarating that I imagined. The smooth powerful feeling of driving the Z4 reminds me of my earlier days with my old 280Z and 300ZX. I love the power top which is controllable from either the front panel, the door lock, or externally from the key via blue tooth. Shifting through the 6 forward gears is a dream. Beyond my expectations, my golf clubs do fit in the trunk, although I have to carefully arrange them. The run flat tires have already bailed me out of a tight situation -- thanks BMW, great idea.

Amazing car
By Jeff Hubbard on 04/18/06 21:22 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I absolutely adore my new Z4. I have never had a car that handles so magnificently and that attracts so many stares. Whether in heavy traffic or the open road the car is a treat to drive. The convertible top opens so easily and in less than 10 seconds. The Z4 accelerates with a flourish and truly "hugs the road". What a dream!

My Z4 opinions
By James Dell'Aquila on 03/27/06 19:31 PM (PST)

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have only owned my Z4 for a month, but so far it has exceeded my expectations. The workmanship appears to be excellent as is the over the road performance. In short, I am glad I bought it.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.