Used 2006 BMW Z4 Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 BMW Z4 Convertible

View reviews for a specific Z4 model:

Nice but not for me
By Midlifemom

2006 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this Z4 two years ago and only drive it 6000 miles a year. The seats are uncomfortable despite their quality, and the shifter/armrest arrangement causes one to slurp to the right while driving- ends up uncomfortable. Vision is not good on Left. Wonderful car, so very beautiful, but harsh on the highway with run flats. Runs like the wind, hits 100 right away. Chippy in the tracks on the interstate, enormous blind spot, not easy to back up. Just not comfortable enough for a daily driver or frequent driver. Reliability superb, but I have to crawl out of it. When I saw it, I simply had to have it, then never drove it much and it just sat in the garage. Nice, but think twice.

Favorite Features

Wood grain dash, cream leather seats, heated seats on when the top is down on a cool spring or fall day. Nice power- snick the gears and go any speed you wish. Nice gearing- nicely spaced and nice feel to shifter- solid, crisp, no wiggling, gears exactly where one expects. A jet without wings.

Suggested Improvements

Widen the rear window to allow a peak over one's left shoulder for changing lanes. Allow seats to come up one inch. Allow arm rest to come up one inch. Bigger external mirrors. Get rid of dreadful run flats, figure out a spare donut. Rattles behind seat, make lower front end dam soft plastic.

Remake this Classic
By Skeep

2006 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0si 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

The BMW Z4 Classic. Lines are right. The sport edition roars. I live in Germany and this Classic gets stares all the time--drove her to Paris and they simply stared...

Favorite Features

Sport package rocks. Run flats. A true rag top instead of a "wanna be" rag top like the new Z4. Premium sound is purrrrfect.

Suggested Improvements

Nothing.

Fun in the sun!
By Johnny D

2006 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased this black with red leather interior CPO Z4 three months ago with 39k on the odo and the car is as tight as any new car I have owned. I love the looks and the engine is smooth and responsive. Nothing except some prescription medications can change a bad mood into a good mood faster than this car. The stereo sounds awesome top up or down, but could use a changer. I love the way heads turn every where I drive, it is definitely an attention getter. I love the sound of the engine but wish it was a little louder.

Favorite Features

Engine, fit and finish, mirror like paint.

Suggested Improvements

The person who designed the cup holders should be fired, they are in the perfect place for spilling coffee into your lap when hitting a bump during a left turn. Glove box is useless and needs someplace to store cd's that is easy to access, the visors are much too thin for cd holders.

100% Adrenaline Rush
By Tony

2006 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0si 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have had my Z4 3.0si for three years and have only put 11500 miles on it. It is strictly a weekend car. I have a mercedes E350 and Audi A4, but can't wait until the weekend to drive the Z. I still feel the rush of adrenaline when i press the sports button and rocket down the highway. I feel like a kid driving a go-kart with a big smile on my face. It is just an awesome car!!!

Favorite Features

The rush of power when you use the sports button. The sound of the exhaust.

Suggested Improvements

Wind deflector to come standard. Always afraid my hat is going to fly off. LOL.

Incredible automobile
By swantz

2006 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0si 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Dreamed of owning one of these for a long time. Finally traded my Jeep Wrangler for this certified used Z4. What an incredible automobile. Handles like a dream and I'm stared at and asked about it 24/7. Handling, fuel economy, and styling is like no other.

Favorite Features

Comfort and handling.

Suggested Improvements

Perhaps better cup holders and BMW should give lifetime access to automatic phone dialing emergency system instead of 1 year but these are certainly minor.