2006 BMW Z4 Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Z4 model:
Great Sports Car!
By GC on 06/30/09 12:32 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

We leased our BMW Z4 3.0i to be able to afford it, but not sure we would lease again. Leasing does get you in the car, but nothing to show for it when the lease runs out. BMW does make things easy to lease but will find out in August how the transition goes- buy or re-lease something else. Would love to buy it. Love the car!

Bang for the Buck!
By Z Dog on 04/01/09 18:51 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0si 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I had been looking at getting a small sports car for a while. Looked at the Boxster, Corvette, Audi TT, and the BMW. I loved the Z4 for the unique design. Once I drove it, I was hooked. I paid $30k for this gem. Silver on Black. Great for normal day to day, then just push the "sport" button and... she becomes a whole new car. Throttle response, steering and overall power seems to explode! Its like an alter ego. I drove the M roadster and it is just a Freak! The 3.0si is a dream for much less. Anyone who complains about the trunk space or the rigid ride should have chosen otherwise. Take a shorter trip, pack a smaller bag, and use your buddies truck to go to home depot. Great Car!

Z4 3.0si
By z3toz4 on 03/29/09 13:20 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0si 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I had my Z3 for twelve years, finally bought a Certified Z4. Be very careful with Certified, even though BMW has fixed all the problems that have come up, mine has been in the shop for MAJOR suspension and engine problems. It has been in the shop 20 of the 60 days I have owned it. Not what I expected from a BMW Certified car. Now that I think I am past the problems this car had, I really am enjoying driving it! Much smoother, powerful ride than Z3.

Fun on wheels
By Mikenmass on 03/17/09 11:40 AM (PDT)

2006 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

With today's prices it's hard not to consider an upscale model car. The styling is great but the engine and handling is what is special about a Z4. You probably need alternative transportation for the family or pets but a ride in a roadster will always be a treat.

Bavarian beauty
By 2006 BMW Z4i on 01/15/09 14:48 PM (PST)

2006 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have only owned this car for 5 months and love it. Previous car was a 1998 Porsche 911, while the Z4 cannot compare to the 911 in performance it comes very close and cost a lot less in purchase price and maint. cost. I also think it is a better looking car. I have gotten more looks and compliments then I did with the 911.

Can't Go Wrong With a Bimmer
By Bimmer4Life on 12/23/08 17:55 PM (PST)

2006 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Bought this car just a couple months ago with 9,900 miles on it. Always loved the 3 series but fell in love with the Z and I got a good price, too and previous owner paid for all the options [wood dash, power seats/convertible top, HID headlights]. I get looks everywhere I go, and the front styling resembles a 6-series I suppose. Acceleration is best at higher speeds, that's where it really shines. I wish it had more accessible low-end power, but you can't have everything. I average about 25 mpg, but when in traffic that number plummets. Overall I'm extremely satisfied with this Bimmer.

Two years waiting for this car
By gary on 12/10/08 09:14 AM (PST)

2006 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0si 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Two years ago I was driving a 07 PRHT Miata. Test drove a Z4 auto; loved it but couldn't afford it. This spring I traded my Miata Roadster for a 03 Z4 with auto transmission. My wife and I took it on a 4600 mile spring road trip to the northwest all in 10 days. Loved every turn, downshift, and gas stop. I auto crossed it during the summer months with great pleasure. My brother in law came to town in his pick-up and we found a 05 Z4 for him to take home. Wife and great grand kids were out riding on the week-end in her Mercedes Benz and just stopped to see if the 330ci was the same size has hers. Saw the Z4, could not believe the mileage! Of course I really wanted a 6spd.

Sexy, Sleek and Fun to Drive!
By Lisa on 11/25/08 11:28 AM (PST)

2006 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0si 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

When I went to the BMW dealer, I saw this car and fell in love. After the test drive it was an obsession. It handles like it is on rails, it thrills at every turn. It is one hot car and I consistently get 25.5 miles per gallon hwy and city. It is a headturner and it backs up its looks. It is like a motorcycle with a cage around it. It is that ultimate driving experience every time you step into it. It looks as if it chiseled in marble. To me a work of art. Me and this car were made for each other. I recommend it. Great sports car.

From a Z-3 To a Z-4
By K-Bone on 10/24/08 13:52 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Well i went from a z-3 to a z-4 miss the curves and the shark gills on the side, but love the power cornering one touch roof and better sound system then the z3.Cup holders in a great spot,not in way of stick shift. Larger trunk,can fit golf clubs and small cooler in this one. They also put a glass window in this one instead of the ole plastic one. Great lighting one the front light up the road also. Owned a 2003 Boxster also at one time and this is less of a money out of pocket kind of car also.

My Toy
By Bob on 10/07/08 15:02 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I finally bought a 3rd car for our family. I have always wanted a convertible sports car. After a lot of test driving and research, we decided to purchase a used 2006 with 8,000 miles on it from the certified lot at our local BMW store. We have absolutely no regrets!! I had my heart set on a Porsche Boxster, but after test driving the Z4 I was sold. We have had it for over a year and it still puts a smile on my face every time I get in. Strong acceleration, handling, and comfort. I even drove it 487 miles in one day with the top down and loved every minute of it!!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.