2006 BMW Z4 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Z4 model:
My Toy
By Bob on 10/07/08 15:02 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I finally bought a 3rd car for our family. I have always wanted a convertible sports car. After a lot of test driving and research, we decided to purchase a used 2006 with 8,000 miles on it from the certified lot at our local BMW store. We have absolutely no regrets!! I had my heart set on a Porsche Boxster, but after test driving the Z4 I was sold. We have had it for over a year and it still puts a smile on my face every time I get in. Strong acceleration, handling, and comfort. I even drove it 487 miles in one day with the top down and loved every minute of it!!

Zed 4 3.0i
By Kipper on 07/12/08 10:58 AM (PDT)

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this car after test driving SLKs, Miatas, Z300s, Boxsters and S2000s. The Zed 4 3.0i, although not the highest performing Zed 4, seems to be more refined than the other cars I tested. The handling is crisp and throttle response is quick. The 3.0i is not particularly quick for this class, but does provide a 0-60 mph time under six seconds. It is a good highway cruiser but a bit bumpy on the backroads. However, I never lost any confidence in handling while on bumpy roads. I'm averaging 24 miles per gallon, driving in both highway and city. The body style is a real head turner and the interior seems to fit the body style.

Fun car
By Chete on 11/06/06 14:54 PM (PST)

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is a retiree's escape to a driving dream. It is a fun car. The optional wind turbulance deflectors allow a newspaper to lie on the passenger seat at 70 mph. The selectronic 6 speed is very smooth. The turn radius is sharp. Handling is tight on turns. A solid runner.

Love My Z
By Laurence on 11/02/06 13:55 PM (PST)

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

The 2006 Z4 is a great ride! Not only great looking (I get compliments several times a week), but a great drive. It rockets off the line with the 6 speed SMG paddles providing visions of F1 dancing through my head. It eats up curves, I have had it +70 mph on highway exit ramps and is very roomy for a 2 seater. All that and I use it as my daily driver too. It gets me to and from work, and has even hauled the groceries in a pinch with its very usable trunk space. Overall it is just plain fun... a practical car that you can race in a pinch, take a nice Sunday drive or go shopping in.

Alpine white beauty
By JeffM16 on 10/05/06 12:46 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Have had my Z4 for a week now and even with trying to take the car from my wife and constantly arguing about whose car is it, it's still worth every second of owning. After owning my first BMW I don't believe I could ever own another brand.

Got it... love it
By skoot on 09/26/06 20:27 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I just climbed out of a 02 toyota mr2 into a new z4. I love the power, the room, the automatic top. I can't get the smile off my face... what a nice change! The z4 is just what I needed. I used to have a 99 corvette and I like this z4 even better than I did the vette and I liked the vette a lot.

Z4 a Great Drivers Car
By smimbs on 08/27/06 21:35 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Z4 handles great and is lots of fun to drive. After 2300 miles I am very happy with everything except the Run Flat Tires.

Only a Step Away
By joe on 08/24/06 19:15 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I like its looks that's why I bought it. But the gas mileage! Try 14-18 mpg. Interior really small. You sit too low. Love the power top, but why not hard top like the SLK? Noisy, too. The ride is a lot more bumpy than it should be for a luxury roadster. The 3.0i is slower for sure, I wish I had bought the M class after all. Come on BMW, you cheap bums, for the money we pay, give us free DVD Nav, Sat radio, more goodies and less rear blind spots. Lose the paddles, who needs them? They look stupid, anyway. Give us better looking wheels and a leather wrapped better looking steering wheel.

First impressions
By Illini_Fan on 08/22/06 11:35 AM (PDT)

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Bought a 3.0i after comparing it to the Nissan Z, the Volvo C7, and a few others. This car is very fun - the interior (beige leather) looks great. The 6-speed manual is smooth. Haven't encountered any negative items in the 2 weeks I've had it. Some minor things I think BMW should change, but those are convenience items and don't detract from the overall rating of this car. I really like it.

Making Time for Fun
By Z4Convert on 08/21/06 09:45 AM (PDT)

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I leased my Z4 and I am very happy that I was able to keep my other car. My Z4 is for my pleasure excursions. Since I don't drive it every day, it is always a treat when I lower myself into the driver's seat. The SMG is the best feature. California is full of stop and go traffic so I don't have to deal with a manual transmission until I want to. When I hit the open highway, I really enjoy the ability to shift gears on my own. Not quite the same as having a clutch, but it's the closest thing to the best of both worlds. My car has made me look forward to long weekends. I'm already looking forward to the end of my lease and the ability to get a Z4 M.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.