Used 2006 BMW Z4 3.0i Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Z4 model:

Great Sports Car!
By GC

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

We leased our BMW Z4 3.0i to be able to afford it, but not sure we would lease again. Leasing does get you in the car, but nothing to show for it when the lease runs out. BMW does make things easy to lease but will find out in August how the transition goes- buy or re-lease something else. Would love to buy it. Love the car!

Love the styling, handling, and easy to operate convertible top.

The dash is very boring and not well equipped with the latest stereo electronics. Can't even tell what track the CD is playing. And not a good option if you want to add a 6 disc changer. Our Mazda RX-8 had room to include an in-dash CD, why not the Z4?

Fun on wheels
By Mikenmass

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

With today's prices it's hard not to consider an upscale model car. The styling is great but the engine and handling is what is special about a Z4. You probably need alternative transportation for the family or pets but a ride in a roadster will always be a treat.

Engine, transmission, styling.

CD changer

Bavarian beauty
By 2006 BMW Z4i

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have only owned this car for 5 months and love it. Previous car was a 1998 Porsche 911, while the Z4 cannot compare to the 911 in performance it comes very close and cost a lot less in purchase price and maint. cost. I also think it is a better looking car. I have gotten more looks and compliments then I did with the 911.

Looks, comfort, performance, reasonable gas mileage 25 mpg avg. and ergonomics

I think the z4 should come standard with 255hp, it would then be much closer to the Nissan 370Z and the 911

Can't Go Wrong With a Bimmer
By Bimmer4Life

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Bought this car just a couple months ago with 9,900 miles on it. Always loved the 3 series but fell in love with the Z and I got a good price, too and previous owner paid for all the options [wood dash, power seats/convertible top, HID headlights]. I get looks everywhere I go, and the front styling resembles a 6-series I suppose. Acceleration is best at higher speeds, that's where it really shines. I wish it had more accessible low-end power, but you can't have everything. I average about 25 mpg, but when in traffic that number plummets. Overall I'm extremely satisfied with this Bimmer.

Unique exterior styling, space-saving pop-in cupholders, large trunk space, steering wheel mounted stereo controls, fast power convertible top.

Better weight distribution. It's so front heavy that any slope change or even going over reflectors will send the car veering off the side. My only complaint about the car.

From a Z-3 To a Z-4
By K-Bone

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Well i went from a z-3 to a z-4 miss the curves and the shark gills on the side, but love the power cornering one touch roof and better sound system then the z3.Cup holders in a great spot,not in way of stick shift. Larger trunk,can fit golf clubs and small cooler in this one. They also put a glass window in this one instead of the ole plastic one. Great lighting one the front light up the road also. Owned a 2003 Boxster also at one time and this is less of a money out of pocket kind of car also.

Great sound and pick up. Good sound system,bluetooth system works better then my solo headset, headlights really light up the road and nice driving lights, gas mileage is kind on the pocket also. One touch roof fabulous.

Could have come with security system instead of a pricey add on. A quicker door unlock response from the key chain.6 disc changer would be nice also even if in trunk like z-3 was.