Used 2006 BMW Z4 3.0si Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Z4 model:

Fun car to drive!
By AndresC

2006 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0si 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Bought the car with 19K mi., after driving 13k mi. I only have good things to say about the Z4. The sport suspension is incredible, you feel connected to the road, cornering is superb, it may be a little stiff for some drivers but keep in mind this is a sports vehicle. The 3.0si engine meets and exceeds expectations. 255 hp for a 3,000 lb vehicle makes for speedy acceleration, the transmission sport mode makes the responsiveness that much better. The instruments, stereo and GPS are up to par with other high end convertibles. Even the trunk is of decent size compared to other convertibles available, enough for a weekend trip for two!

Suspension, engine, steering, awesome overall driving experience.

Should come with AUX connection (MP3, I-Phone, etc) with premium package.

One is not enough
By DaveTwinZs

2006 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0si 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my first Z4 in the spring of 2009. My wife and I argued as to who would drive it, so I bought another last fall. No doubt, fun to drive, scary quick, and either a head turner. BMW's reputation for service is second to none. I agree with many people here. If you want to get happy quick, go start and drive a Z4!

All of them. For a car to go this fast that quick and get this kind of mileage is nothing short of phenomenal.

Yes, the cup holders aren't much.

Remake this Classic
By Skeep

2006 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0si 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

The BMW Z4 Classic. Lines are right. The sport edition roars. I live in Germany and this Classic gets stares all the time--drove her to Paris and they simply stared...

Sport package rocks. Run flats. A true rag top instead of a "wanna be" rag top like the new Z4. Premium sound is purrrrfect.

Nothing.

100% Adrenaline Rush
By Tony

2006 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0si 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have had my Z4 3.0si for three years and have only put 11500 miles on it. It is strictly a weekend car. I have a mercedes E350 and Audi A4, but can't wait until the weekend to drive the Z. I still feel the rush of adrenaline when i press the sports button and rocket down the highway. I feel like a kid driving a go-kart with a big smile on my face. It is just an awesome car!!!

The rush of power when you use the sports button. The sound of the exhaust.

Wind deflector to come standard. Always afraid my hat is going to fly off. LOL.

Incredible automobile
By swantz

2006 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0si 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Dreamed of owning one of these for a long time. Finally traded my Jeep Wrangler for this certified used Z4. What an incredible automobile. Handles like a dream and I'm stared at and asked about it 24/7. Handling, fuel economy, and styling is like no other.

Comfort and handling.

Perhaps better cup holders and BMW should give lifetime access to automatic phone dialing emergency system instead of 1 year but these are certainly minor.