2006 BMW Z4 Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Z4 model:
3.0i Sport Package - dream car!
By solarus on 07/20/12 19:53 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I am still in shock after I purchased the 2006 Z4 3.0i fully loaded with winter, comfort and sport packages for around $20,000 with 50k miles on it. I simply would have to search for a reason why buy anything else - including new, newer, or different model sport cars. With a push of a button this thing performs as if it had turbo or supercharged engine. The interior, though not Jaguar comfortable, hugs you tightly and holds you in one place to enjoy the show. Super tight sport suspension can take almost any corner at mind boggling speeds you can throw at it. Ditch the "run-flat" tires. Buy whatever you want at Tirerack.com for less than $500 and your car's shoes are back in order.

Dream Car
By Joel H on 08/12/10 08:15 AM (PDT)

2006 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have owned this car since October 2009. Bought it used with 36k. When I purchased it the channel changer on the stereo was not working. It was still under warranty. The dealership replaced the stereo with a new one. Other minor issues including front brake rotors occurred and the BMW dealership took care of them all at NO CHARGE. The warranty is the best. The car handles like a dream. It certainly is a head turner. I had a minor accident because of a blind spot when you look back to back up . I love this car. It handles like a dream and the dual steptronic transmission is terrific. I am a BMW customer for life. The customer support and service is the best I have dealt with.

Fun -- Fun -- Fun -- in the Sun
By funits on 05/25/10 05:58 AM (PDT)

2006 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Bought the car with 17,000 miles. The car is amazing to look at, never mind amazing to drive. Fast, confident and gorgeous come to mind. Or as a friend said after riding in the car, "I couldn't stop smiling"! The interior is comfortable and well laid-out. The MPG is incredible -- I'm averaging 28-28 MPG (low of 25, high of 32.2). I did replace the OEM run-flat tires with regular tires and the ride quality improved 100% with no loss of handling and improved wet road handling. My car is still under warranty and the few issues that needed to be fixed where taken care of by the dealer no problem, even though I'm the 2nd owner. Drawbacks: it is a little challenging to get in and out of!

Nice but not for me
By Midlifemom on 02/02/10 20:20 PM (PST)

2006 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this Z4 two years ago and only drive it 6000 miles a year. The seats are uncomfortable despite their quality, and the shifter/armrest arrangement causes one to slurp to the right while driving- ends up uncomfortable. Vision is not good on Left. Wonderful car, so very beautiful, but harsh on the highway with run flats. Runs like the wind, hits 100 right away. Chippy in the tracks on the interstate, enormous blind spot, not easy to back up. Just not comfortable enough for a daily driver or frequent driver. Reliability superb, but I have to crawl out of it. When I saw it, I simply had to have it, then never drove it much and it just sat in the garage. Nice, but think twice.

Fun in the sun!
By Johnny D on 08/31/09 10:27 AM (PDT)

2006 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased this black with red leather interior CPO Z4 three months ago with 39k on the odo and the car is as tight as any new car I have owned. I love the looks and the engine is smooth and responsive. Nothing except some prescription medications can change a bad mood into a good mood faster than this car. The stereo sounds awesome top up or down, but could use a changer. I love the way heads turn every where I drive, it is definitely an attention getter. I love the sound of the engine but wish it was a little louder.

Great Sports Car!
By GC on 06/30/09 12:32 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

We leased our BMW Z4 3.0i to be able to afford it, but not sure we would lease again. Leasing does get you in the car, but nothing to show for it when the lease runs out. BMW does make things easy to lease but will find out in August how the transition goes- buy or re-lease something else. Would love to buy it. Love the car!

Fun on wheels
By Mikenmass on 03/17/09 11:40 AM (PDT)

2006 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

With today's prices it's hard not to consider an upscale model car. The styling is great but the engine and handling is what is special about a Z4. You probably need alternative transportation for the family or pets but a ride in a roadster will always be a treat.

Bavarian beauty
By 2006 BMW Z4i on 01/15/09 14:48 PM (PST)

2006 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have only owned this car for 5 months and love it. Previous car was a 1998 Porsche 911, while the Z4 cannot compare to the 911 in performance it comes very close and cost a lot less in purchase price and maint. cost. I also think it is a better looking car. I have gotten more looks and compliments then I did with the 911.

Can't Go Wrong With a Bimmer
By Bimmer4Life on 12/23/08 17:55 PM (PST)

2006 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Bought this car just a couple months ago with 9,900 miles on it. Always loved the 3 series but fell in love with the Z and I got a good price, too and previous owner paid for all the options [wood dash, power seats/convertible top, HID headlights]. I get looks everywhere I go, and the front styling resembles a 6-series I suppose. Acceleration is best at higher speeds, that's where it really shines. I wish it had more accessible low-end power, but you can't have everything. I average about 25 mpg, but when in traffic that number plummets. Overall I'm extremely satisfied with this Bimmer.

From a Z-3 To a Z-4
By K-Bone on 10/24/08 13:52 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Well i went from a z-3 to a z-4 miss the curves and the shark gills on the side, but love the power cornering one touch roof and better sound system then the z3.Cup holders in a great spot,not in way of stick shift. Larger trunk,can fit golf clubs and small cooler in this one. They also put a glass window in this one instead of the ole plastic one. Great lighting one the front light up the road also. Owned a 2003 Boxster also at one time and this is less of a money out of pocket kind of car also.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.