2006 BMW Z4 Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Z4 model:
Fun car to drive!
By AndresC on 03/31/10 11:43 AM (PDT)

2006 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0si 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Bought the car with 19K mi., after driving 13k mi. I only have good things to say about the Z4. The sport suspension is incredible, you feel connected to the road, cornering is superb, it may be a little stiff for some drivers but keep in mind this is a sports vehicle. The 3.0si engine meets and exceeds expectations. 255 hp for a 3,000 lb vehicle makes for speedy acceleration, the transmission sport mode makes the responsiveness that much better. The instruments, stereo and GPS are up to par with other high end convertibles. Even the trunk is of decent size compared to other convertibles available, enough for a weekend trip for two!

One is not enough
By DaveTwinZs on 02/11/10 07:56 AM (PST)

2006 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0si 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my first Z4 in the spring of 2009. My wife and I argued as to who would drive it, so I bought another last fall. No doubt, fun to drive, scary quick, and either a head turner. BMW's reputation for service is second to none. I agree with many people here. If you want to get happy quick, go start and drive a Z4!

Remake this Classic
By Skeep on 01/24/10 10:19 AM (PST)

2006 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0si 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

The BMW Z4 Classic. Lines are right. The sport edition roars. I live in Germany and this Classic gets stares all the time--drove her to Paris and they simply stared...

100% Adrenaline Rush
By Tony on 08/03/09 14:01 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0si 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have had my Z4 3.0si for three years and have only put 11500 miles on it. It is strictly a weekend car. I have a mercedes E350 and Audi A4, but can't wait until the weekend to drive the Z. I still feel the rush of adrenaline when i press the sports button and rocket down the highway. I feel like a kid driving a go-kart with a big smile on my face. It is just an awesome car!!!

Incredible automobile
By swantz on 07/03/09 13:38 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0si 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Dreamed of owning one of these for a long time. Finally traded my Jeep Wrangler for this certified used Z4. What an incredible automobile. Handles like a dream and I'm stared at and asked about it 24/7. Handling, fuel economy, and styling is like no other.

Bang for the Buck!
By Z Dog on 04/01/09 18:51 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0si 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I had been looking at getting a small sports car for a while. Looked at the Boxster, Corvette, Audi TT, and the BMW. I loved the Z4 for the unique design. Once I drove it, I was hooked. I paid $30k for this gem. Silver on Black. Great for normal day to day, then just push the "sport" button and... she becomes a whole new car. Throttle response, steering and overall power seems to explode! Its like an alter ego. I drove the M roadster and it is just a Freak! The 3.0si is a dream for much less. Anyone who complains about the trunk space or the rigid ride should have chosen otherwise. Take a shorter trip, pack a smaller bag, and use your buddies truck to go to home depot. Great Car!

Z4 3.0si
By z3toz4 on 03/29/09 13:20 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0si 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I had my Z3 for twelve years, finally bought a Certified Z4. Be very careful with Certified, even though BMW has fixed all the problems that have come up, mine has been in the shop for MAJOR suspension and engine problems. It has been in the shop 20 of the 60 days I have owned it. Not what I expected from a BMW Certified car. Now that I think I am past the problems this car had, I really am enjoying driving it! Much smoother, powerful ride than Z3.

Two years waiting for this car
By gary on 12/10/08 09:14 AM (PST)

2006 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0si 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Two years ago I was driving a 07 PRHT Miata. Test drove a Z4 auto; loved it but couldn't afford it. This spring I traded my Miata Roadster for a 03 Z4 with auto transmission. My wife and I took it on a 4600 mile spring road trip to the northwest all in 10 days. Loved every turn, downshift, and gas stop. I auto crossed it during the summer months with great pleasure. My brother in law came to town in his pick-up and we found a 05 Z4 for him to take home. Wife and great grand kids were out riding on the week-end in her Mercedes Benz and just stopped to see if the 330ci was the same size has hers. Saw the Z4, could not believe the mileage! Of course I really wanted a 6spd.

Sexy, Sleek and Fun to Drive!
By Lisa on 11/25/08 11:28 AM (PST)

2006 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0si 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

When I went to the BMW dealer, I saw this car and fell in love. After the test drive it was an obsession. It handles like it is on rails, it thrills at every turn. It is one hot car and I consistently get 25.5 miles per gallon hwy and city. It is a headturner and it backs up its looks. It is like a motorcycle with a cage around it. It is that ultimate driving experience every time you step into it. It looks as if it chiseled in marble. To me a work of art. Me and this car were made for each other. I recommend it. Great sports car.

Quality with Flaws
By Peter J on 05/12/08 18:39 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0si 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Interior build quality is disappointing due to use of cheap plastics. Been back to the dealer 4 time because of annoying squeaks and rattles but dealer cannot fix. The high performance driving experience is marred by these constant squeaks and rattles, even happening at low speeds. Ride is extremely harsh. On anything other than perfect roads you can feel everything down to the road paint. The car is easily pulled from side to side by uneven roads. Tire noise is high. Of course this kind of handling is to be expected for this type of car. Otherwise, the car has exceptional performance.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.