2006 BMW Z4 Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Z4 model:
3.0i Sport Package - dream car!
By solarus on 07/20/12 19:53 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I am still in shock after I purchased the 2006 Z4 3.0i fully loaded with winter, comfort and sport packages for around $20,000 with 50k miles on it. I simply would have to search for a reason why buy anything else - including new, newer, or different model sport cars. With a push of a button this thing performs as if it had turbo or supercharged engine. The interior, though not Jaguar comfortable, hugs you tightly and holds you in one place to enjoy the show. Super tight sport suspension can take almost any corner at mind boggling speeds you can throw at it. Ditch the "run-flat" tires. Buy whatever you want at Tirerack.com for less than $500 and your car's shoes are back in order.

Dream Car
By Joel H on 08/12/10 08:15 AM (PDT)

2006 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have owned this car since October 2009. Bought it used with 36k. When I purchased it the channel changer on the stereo was not working. It was still under warranty. The dealership replaced the stereo with a new one. Other minor issues including front brake rotors occurred and the BMW dealership took care of them all at NO CHARGE. The warranty is the best. The car handles like a dream. It certainly is a head turner. I had a minor accident because of a blind spot when you look back to back up . I love this car. It handles like a dream and the dual steptronic transmission is terrific. I am a BMW customer for life. The customer support and service is the best I have dealt with.

Fun -- Fun -- Fun -- in the Sun
By funits on 05/25/10 05:58 AM (PDT)

2006 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Bought the car with 17,000 miles. The car is amazing to look at, never mind amazing to drive. Fast, confident and gorgeous come to mind. Or as a friend said after riding in the car, "I couldn't stop smiling"! The interior is comfortable and well laid-out. The MPG is incredible -- I'm averaging 28-28 MPG (low of 25, high of 32.2). I did replace the OEM run-flat tires with regular tires and the ride quality improved 100% with no loss of handling and improved wet road handling. My car is still under warranty and the few issues that needed to be fixed where taken care of by the dealer no problem, even though I'm the 2nd owner. Drawbacks: it is a little challenging to get in and out of!

Fun car to drive!
By AndresC on 03/31/10 11:43 AM (PDT)

2006 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0si 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Bought the car with 19K mi., after driving 13k mi. I only have good things to say about the Z4. The sport suspension is incredible, you feel connected to the road, cornering is superb, it may be a little stiff for some drivers but keep in mind this is a sports vehicle. The 3.0si engine meets and exceeds expectations. 255 hp for a 3,000 lb vehicle makes for speedy acceleration, the transmission sport mode makes the responsiveness that much better. The instruments, stereo and GPS are up to par with other high end convertibles. Even the trunk is of decent size compared to other convertibles available, enough for a weekend trip for two!

One is not enough
By DaveTwinZs on 02/11/10 07:56 AM (PST)

2006 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0si 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my first Z4 in the spring of 2009. My wife and I argued as to who would drive it, so I bought another last fall. No doubt, fun to drive, scary quick, and either a head turner. BMW's reputation for service is second to none. I agree with many people here. If you want to get happy quick, go start and drive a Z4!

Nice but not for me
By Midlifemom on 02/02/10 20:20 PM (PST)

2006 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this Z4 two years ago and only drive it 6000 miles a year. The seats are uncomfortable despite their quality, and the shifter/armrest arrangement causes one to slurp to the right while driving- ends up uncomfortable. Vision is not good on Left. Wonderful car, so very beautiful, but harsh on the highway with run flats. Runs like the wind, hits 100 right away. Chippy in the tracks on the interstate, enormous blind spot, not easy to back up. Just not comfortable enough for a daily driver or frequent driver. Reliability superb, but I have to crawl out of it. When I saw it, I simply had to have it, then never drove it much and it just sat in the garage. Nice, but think twice.

Remake this Classic
By Skeep on 01/24/10 10:19 AM (PST)

2006 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0si 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

The BMW Z4 Classic. Lines are right. The sport edition roars. I live in Germany and this Classic gets stares all the time--drove her to Paris and they simply stared...

Fun in the sun!
By Johnny D on 08/31/09 10:27 AM (PDT)

2006 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased this black with red leather interior CPO Z4 three months ago with 39k on the odo and the car is as tight as any new car I have owned. I love the looks and the engine is smooth and responsive. Nothing except some prescription medications can change a bad mood into a good mood faster than this car. The stereo sounds awesome top up or down, but could use a changer. I love the way heads turn every where I drive, it is definitely an attention getter. I love the sound of the engine but wish it was a little louder.

100% Adrenaline Rush
By Tony on 08/03/09 14:01 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0si 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have had my Z4 3.0si for three years and have only put 11500 miles on it. It is strictly a weekend car. I have a mercedes E350 and Audi A4, but can't wait until the weekend to drive the Z. I still feel the rush of adrenaline when i press the sports button and rocket down the highway. I feel like a kid driving a go-kart with a big smile on my face. It is just an awesome car!!!

Incredible automobile
By swantz on 07/03/09 13:38 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0si 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Dreamed of owning one of these for a long time. Finally traded my Jeep Wrangler for this certified used Z4. What an incredible automobile. Handles like a dream and I'm stared at and asked about it 24/7. Handling, fuel economy, and styling is like no other.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.