2005 BMW Z4 Consumer Review: The Civilized (and legal) go-k

2005 BMW Z4 - Consumer Review

The Civilized (and legal) go-kart
By Rajan on

2005 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my second car (and first BMW). Good God....I just realized what I've been missing. I moved to this car from an 07 Mustang. The acceleration is blistering and the car handles like it's on rails. To make it more insane, just initiate the Sport button and it goes like stink. This is driving in its purest unadulterated form which convinces me why BMW's are the ultimate driving machine. I used to take the metro in to work everyday however after getting the car, I drive in just because it brings a huge smile to my face and is the perfect anti-dote to a hectic day and NO I'm not exaggerating. It looks fantastic and flatters you. So much for getting a bike.

The low seating position just by the rear wheels. The feedback on the steering wheel, the roadster experience. Top-up or down, you are driving a pure sports car.

Cup holders are a joke. Going over a pothole can bring the fear of God in you (which means... always keep an eye on the road).