2005 BMW Z4 Consumer Review: BMW sales guy

2005 BMW Z4 - Consumer Review

3.0i Convertible (3.0L 6-cyl. 6-speed Manual)

BMW sales guy
By smiffsmack on

2005 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I am a former BMW salesman. This vehicle was probably the hardest vehicle to sell without a test drive I believe because of the looks (which I savor). Once driving the car, you will be hooked as I was. I can tell you that of all the vehicles BMW has this one and the X5 4.8 are the most fun to drive, hands down. Usually if you wait right before summer they will drop the lease rates and you can get into one for a decent monthly payment. BTW this thing isn't as great on gas as suggested, especially when you drive it like it should be driven, fast. And I am 6 ft. tall, so it isn't perfect for me, but it's not bad. BTW the Auto/ 5 speed steptronic is really fun and much more practical for SOCAL.

Acceleration. The stereo is superb. Controls are well placed. The NAV looks really neat if you get it, but it costs $1800. And BMW NAV in IMHO is subpar compared to others like Acura.

About 2 inches of leg room would be nice. Gas mileage could improve. The 18 inch elipsoids look super, but they are noisy.