2005 BMW Z4 Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Z4 model:
Z4
By yukon771 on 01/29/05 08:34 AM (PST)

2005 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Great handling, comfort ride, this is one of the few unique looking cars on the road. Most other convertibles all look a like. I like that this one is very distinctive in looks.

It's a Blast!
By Peacefield on 01/27/05 15:38 PM (PST)

2005 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

It's a wonderful driver's car that doesn't ask for many compromises. For a small two seater, leg room is ample and a golf bag plus hand cart fit easily into the trunk, even with the top down! The car's road manners are outstanding and the chassis is wonderfully stiff for a ragtop. I definitely recommend stepping up to the 3.0 engine and 6spd. I'm told that the 2.5 and 5spd can seem winded at highway speeds. Definitely not the case with the 3.0/6spd. The looks inside and out are controversial, but they continue to grow on me. Quality to this point has been very good.

excellent car
By Steve on 01/25/05 09:18 AM (PST)

2005 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Since buying my Z4 in Sept. ( it's a 2004), I've put on 3000 very fun miles. Plenty of power and lot's of compliments on the car. The only problem was the auto-darken rear view mirror failed and had to be replaced.

Z car 4 you.......
By BeckerScience on 01/19/05 19:17 PM (PST)

2005 BMW Z4 Convertible 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

There is not a bad day when I drive my Z4 roadster. From the time I put it on, until I slide out of it,,,it is sheer happiness and performance. It thinks, compensates, makes beautiful hmusic and can store enough for a vacation for 2!. It handles like a dream, holds the road like it is attached. I love it's unique lines and styling.

excellent and fun to drve
By Dr. Victor Hernandez on 01/14/05 15:12 PM (PST)

2005 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

The most fun to drive roadster I've ever had. I've owned a Miata and a Mitsubishi 3000 And the Z4 is above those three in every aspect of performance and fun, not to mention reliability.

Suntan machine !
By MarcBanks on 01/13/05 12:50 PM (PST)

2005 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

My first BMW's convertible was a Z3 back in 1997. The Z4 is "totally" a difference experience. It drives very well on side streets and Freeways and it is very fast. It's the prefect car to cruise the roads Southern California.

I love it!!
By sheila Steinfeld on 01/05/05 12:42 PM (PST)

2005 BMW Z4 Convertible 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This car is a head turner, and it drives great, I love it, great for tooling around in!!

Personal Evaluation of BMW Z4
By ken hilbert on 11/27/04 13:33 PM (PST)

2005 BMW Z4 Convertible 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Fine automobile. Absolutely no problems thus far.Very smooth drive train. Performs extremely well.

MY IDEA OF A SPORTS CAR
By SEMINOLE SAM NOLES 1 on 11/14/04 07:26 AM (PST)

2005 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

THIS IS THE BEST SPORTS CAR THAT I HAVE EVER HAD WHICH INCLUDES A BMW Z3,A GRIFFITH, A JAGUAR XK150, A PONTIAC TRANS-AM AND A PORSCHE 911

vroom
By werra on 11/07/04 01:22 AM (PST)

2005 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

this is simply excellent and a pleasure to own and drive.