2005 BMW Z4 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Z4 model:
Nevada Land Shark
By Max Andrew on 04/16/05 22:01 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW Z4 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This roadster is truly a cut above. It slices through the air and over the road with the ease and precision of a Great White. As it passes, men and women of discerning taste stand in awe as do the young turks who know good machines. The well-crafted, roomy interior is a plus. It jumps to highway speed like it's glued to the road, and it makes you smile going through corners. I intentionally forget to buy all the stuff I was sent to the store for so I can make a second trip...via the curvy road to Lake Tahoe and back.

I love this car!
By Carol on 04/16/05 01:26 AM (PDT)

2005 BMW Z4 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This car is so much fun to drive. I love the way it handles!

I love my Z4
By Gregg1009 on 04/15/05 16:13 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW Z4 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I have a 2004 BMW Z4 2.5 I bought it just before the 2005 model came out. I have always driven sports cars and the Z4 is the best car I've ever had. It is very fun to drive. It is a little heavy for such a small car weighing in at 3200 lbs. Yet it really has a pop to it when you punch it. The car also looks GREAT. you can't beat the look of the Land Shark :-)

Z4 roadster
By Daniel Har on 04/01/05 17:20 PM (PST)

2005 BMW Z4 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Although this is by far the best car I've ever owned, there are a few kinks... The driver's side cup holder is not in the best place. Not exactly maintenance free. High gas guzzler on street driving. Even with wind blocker, there is still a high draft. The number of accessories for the car is great. I've had to dye my leather seat 3 times since i bought the car 9 months ago.

The Greatest Car
By Mike on 03/20/05 22:16 PM (PST)

2005 BMW Z4 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This car is awesome. The quality, design, comfort, and performance are excellent. I love this car.

roadster in Germany
By soldier-in-ger on 03/13/05 05:31 AM (PST)

2005 BMW Z4 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Wonderful car! Bought it direct from BMW and saved quite a bit. Love the looks it gets and it's very quiet at speed. I sometimes forget it's a convertible because it's so well insulated; can't wait for Spring to get here!

BMW sales guy
By smiffsmack on 03/05/05 18:39 PM (PST)

2005 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I am a former BMW salesman. This vehicle was probably the hardest vehicle to sell without a test drive I believe because of the looks (which I savor). Once driving the car, you will be hooked as I was. I can tell you that of all the vehicles BMW has this one and the X5 4.8 are the most fun to drive, hands down. Usually if you wait right before summer they will drop the lease rates and you can get into one for a decent monthly payment. BTW this thing isn't as great on gas as suggested, especially when you drive it like it should be driven, fast. And I am 6 ft. tall, so it isn't perfect for me, but it's not bad. BTW the Auto/ 5 speed steptronic is really fun and much more practical for SOCAL.

My Z4
By Brian on 02/22/05 12:55 PM (PST)

2005 BMW Z4 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Fun in warm weather, not so up North, tight fit for taller drivers

BMW Z4
By BMW Z4 on 02/11/05 16:09 PM (PST)

2005 BMW Z4 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

First sports car owned in 30 years. Put the fun back in driving. Handles and corners well. Good acceleration off the line. Mine is a 2.5 model and I never drove the 3.0 model but I think it would benefit from the extra power. No downsides on the car. Interior better in this than Boxster (until 2005 model). Fast enough for my kind of driving (64 years old). Glad I bought it.

Must Read
By Jana on 02/10/05 01:10 AM (PST)

2005 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Have had this car a year. a great car fun to drive and lots of room. Have had other makes but this is by for the best. If anything goes wrong, BMW stands behind their car. And not everyone has a car like yours and I like that. I don't want a car that everyone has. Fun car for a man and wife, they can take to the road and talk and have fun. It is the best thing that my hubby and I ever did was buy this car it has a great radio but we never use it. We love to get in the car and ride and talk. We have been married 25 years and kids are grown and this car gave us a way to get out and have fun and talk and see things that we never seen in a car that the top is on all that time. It is a must have.