Used 2005 BMW Z4 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Z4 model:

Bring on the sun!
By Greg Hansen

2005 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

We got this for my birthday, and it has been exhilirating the whole time. It was really tough to drive through the break-in period, because it showed it had so much more! I have rarely put the top up since then (California has sun from April to November, with little rain), and love the handling, performance (aren't those Boxster drivers surprised!), and the sheer feel of luxury. Cornering is amazing -- it can handle much more than I can! I wish I'd bought this several years ago ...

Power top. Performance engine. Superb cornering (flat as a pancake!). Great cup-holders. Comfortable seats. Seat heaters. Very adjustable power seats.

The accessory that covers the top wells when the top is down should pop off easily. I forgot they were there one too many times when I put the top up, and broke the latch mechanism on one.

Roadster God Z4!!!
By smiffsmack

2005 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought a CPO z4 3.0 with the steptronic tranny heated seats, sports and premium package. This car is a god of the road. If you try it, I PROMISE you will buy it. It has breakneck speed, awesome sound system, nice engine sounds, looks beautiful (especially sterling grey) I get at least one compliment on this car every single day. I bought mine for 32.5K with 16K miles on it. Get an 03, since their is no real difference between 03 to 05!!!! Just drive it, trust me!!

not too bad
By barry

2005 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Not the world's greatest car, but a lot of fun, works well, made well and good value for the money with special lease deals now on. but it is not a lux car like my 911 that went off lease. I got this because I have just retired and was interested in a more affordable car. It has free maintenance and a long warranty. Very good lease deal and it works very well. Does it make me forget my Porsche, no, but on most days it is more than I could hope for. Not bad gas mileage, over 28 on the highway at 70mph.

Top and reliability

More horsepower, stronger music system

Ratings on Z4 should be much higher!
By Pat Talarico

2005 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have driven many sports cars & I must say when comparing apple for apple this is by far the best in handling without sacrificing comfort. I drove my Z4 from New York to Florida (1200 miles) straight through with no discomfort & I am 63 years old. To sum it up, my Z4 is great in all category's. My next car will again be a Z4.

Performance, handling without sacrificing comfort, great exterior & interior design. I have never owned a car where I have gotten so many compliments as I do on the Z4.

Cup holders are not in the best place & possibly a larger glove box with locking device.

What's not to love?
By woo hoo!

2005 BMW Z4 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I had the Z3. This car is a vast improvement. Hugs the road & corners much better. Smoother ride. Many luxury features the Z3 didn't have, such as rear glass window, auto top without anything to hook or unhook, xenon headlights, run-flat tires freeing up trunk space, roomier interior with new retro design, great cup holders! Better stereo sound than the Z3 too.

Favorite features are the great handling & redesigned hard-shell soft top. Unlike the Z3, there's no worry of a vinyl window to get scratched & no need to snap on a cover when the top's down.

No complaints, but I agree with the other rater who wanted it to wash itself. It would be nice to have the iPod connection & Zenon headlights standard.