Used 2005 BMW Z4 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Bmw Z4 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Z4 model:

Now I look forward to my long commute!
By Zoli

2005 BMW Z4 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Bought 2 weeks ago; what a FUN car! I'm a big guy (6'1", 260 lbs) but still have plenty of legroom. 2 minor drawbacks - lots of squeaks from plastic parts if seat's all the way back; can't seem to get more than 19 MPG no matter how conservative I drive. Live in San Diego so I drive top down in December; heated seats are a plus! looks great, sounds great, responsive, tight steering, the perfect toy!

Favorite Features

The looks - curves and lines in all the right places. responsive steeering, good power even in the 2.5.

Suggested Improvements

Ditch the plastic all over the interior.

Buy Buy Buy!!!
By daz4daddy

2005 BMW Z4 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Regardless of its controversial looks, the performance of this car is amazing! It rides smooth on the streets and tough on the track. Highly recommend this one!

Favorite Features

Great ride, comfortable on long trips, roomy interior.

BMW just like Bob Marley& Jerry Garcia.
By JohnnyBSurfing

2005 BMW Z4 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Turned in my beloved Mercedes-Benz C230 Kompressor at lease end and picked up the Z4 2.5i in Silver & Black with premium pkg. So far "Im lovin it" I have driven 3K miles in the first two weeks. My 8 yr old nephew says it looks like a shark and it just keeps getting better. I caught him showing it in the garage to the other kids from the neighborhood - cool!

Favorite Features

The fully automatic soft top that comes up or down in 10 seconds. Great steering wheel feel. Best trunk size in it's class. the 2.5i straight 6 really winds out and can fly. Book says 137 top I hit 140 no problem. Sits well @ 2900lbs big trucks don't blow the doors off it.

Suggested Improvements

I have the ten point spoke look wheels and they are beautiful but take allot of cleaning not to look covered in brake dust. Someone smart figure out better cup holders please! I knocked it off and cut my knee then getting out scratched the other leg on the cup holder while extended.

BMW Z-4 3.0i
By Dan Fox

2005 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This car is perfect for a fun car. Not practical for everyday driving to and from work. It has been a very reliable and solid car to drive.

Favorite Features

Fun to drive

Suggested Improvements

visibility needs some work

Praise for my Z4
By Curt Horne

2005 BMW Z4 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I use my Z4 as my daily driver. After over 300,000 miles in Jeep Grand Cherokees and a Chevy Suburban, I had almost forgotten how much fun driving could be. I am surprised how comfortable the car is on a variety of surfaces - not harsh like a Porsche. Though the trunk is not cavernous, there is enough luggage space for a couple on a weekend getaway, and more than enough for me when I travel alone. Thought some would disagree, I find the styling to be unique, very attractive and quite modern. All in all, I am most satisfied with this car and suspect I will keep it for some time. By the way, 26 mpg city and 36 mpg highway is not bad either.