2005 BMW Z4 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Z4 model:
A Class Apart
By fasteddie on 01/12/07 18:12 PM (PST)

2005 BMW Z4 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I tested a number of convertibles under $35K before buying the Z4 but none came close to the value and performance of the BMW. The Z4, even with the smaller 2.5 liter engine, is an impressive performer. It has a strong power curve in gears 3-5 and plenty of torque in 1st and 2nd. The Z4 is plenty fast, but if you want to run with the big boys, get the 3.0 liter and the six speed. The cornering and handling is very good but a notch below more serious sports cars like the Boxster. You will fall in love with the sound of the exhaust. My only complaint is the noticeable electronic steering assist at low speed. You can buy a one year old low mileage Z4 fully loaded for the low $30s!

Love it!
By Jannet on 07/15/06 04:28 AM (PDT)

2005 BMW Z4 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I love my Z4! It handles extremely well in the rain. It's a great looking car inside and out. I leased it but am planning to buy it because I can not be without my Z. :)

My red Z4
By Joe Wilson on 05/09/06 20:10 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW Z4 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

The car is my daily driver. I love the ease of the manual roof. Opens and closes in one quick motion, can close it at 40 mph (do this when it rains). Smooth engine and excellent 5 speed is addictive. Good torque. Unbelievable handling. Good ride. Phenomenal standard stereo. Get heated seats (my only option). Had a few problems but BMW fixed them. A hoot to drive with the stability control off. Winter traction excellent if you buy winter tires (mine are Hankook), but snow and ice traction is terrible on stock tires. Recently drove new S2000 and Solstice; both very nice. I like the feel of the BMW. Nothing compares. Buy the standard transmission and engine is my advice.

Jim's viewpoint.
By Jim Mercon on 03/18/06 08:19 AM (PST)

2005 BMW Z4 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I've always wanted a roadster. At 55, I finally decided to quit talking about it and just do it. It's been going on a year of ownership and I must say.....this is one awesome automobile. Everytime I drive it...it's a transformation. The car is beautiful. It handles great! It's been totally reliable with zero problems. It turns heads. My daughter loves to drive it. Two of my friends bought one. It's been a blast.

Over 40 Club
By bobbyr35 on 01/14/06 03:57 AM (PST)

2005 BMW Z4 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Ok, we have had the Z4 for seven months. It has been driven in the USA and we brought it to Germany in November 2005. My wife drives it to and from Frankfurt every four days on A3, so for the two hour and 20 minute trip four times per week it is being driven at 120 mph on average. Too bad it is a US Specs. Bimmer...

Now I look forward to my long commute!
By Zoli on 12/20/05 23:20 PM (PST)

2005 BMW Z4 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Bought 2 weeks ago; what a FUN car! I'm a big guy (6'1", 260 lbs) but still have plenty of legroom. 2 minor drawbacks - lots of squeaks from plastic parts if seat's all the way back; can't seem to get more than 19 MPG no matter how conservative I drive. Live in San Diego so I drive top down in December; heated seats are a plus! looks great, sounds great, responsive, tight steering, the perfect toy!

Buy Buy Buy!!!
By daz4daddy on 11/15/05 05:51 AM (PST)

2005 BMW Z4 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Regardless of its controversial looks, the performance of this car is amazing! It rides smooth on the streets and tough on the track. Highly recommend this one!

BMW just like Bob Marley& Jerry Garcia.
By JohnnyBSurfing on 11/02/05 10:40 AM (PST)

2005 BMW Z4 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Turned in my beloved Mercedes-Benz C230 Kompressor at lease end and picked up the Z4 2.5i in Silver & Black with premium pkg. So far "Im lovin it" I have driven 3K miles in the first two weeks. My 8 yr old nephew says it looks like a shark and it just keeps getting better. I caught him showing it in the garage to the other kids from the neighborhood - cool!

Praise for my Z4
By Curt Horne on 10/14/05 14:11 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW Z4 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I use my Z4 as my daily driver. After over 300,000 miles in Jeep Grand Cherokees and a Chevy Suburban, I had almost forgotten how much fun driving could be. I am surprised how comfortable the car is on a variety of surfaces - not harsh like a Porsche. Though the trunk is not cavernous, there is enough luggage space for a couple on a weekend getaway, and more than enough for me when I travel alone. Thought some would disagree, I find the styling to be unique, very attractive and quite modern. All in all, I am most satisfied with this car and suspect I will keep it for some time. By the way, 26 mpg city and 36 mpg highway is not bad either.

What's not to love?
By woo hoo! on 08/27/05 03:16 AM (PDT)

2005 BMW Z4 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I had the Z3. This car is a vast improvement. Hugs the road & corners much better. Smoother ride. Many luxury features the Z3 didn't have, such as rear glass window, auto top without anything to hook or unhook, xenon headlights, run-flat tires freeing up trunk space, roomier interior with new retro design, great cup holders! Better stereo sound than the Z3 too.