Used 2005 BMW Z4 3.0i Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Z4 model:

Z4 is a blast!
By Z4eeaahh

2005 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Wow! The Z4 is pure driving excitement! The vehicle has opened up the world of weekend roadtrips for me, but instead of using the GPS, I find myself reading a map to determine an alternate route to my destination. The highways are fun, but the Z4 really shines on the back roads. Some words that come to mind to describe this vehicle are; responsive, tight, nimble, classy, smooth and deceivingly quick. Do not expect a luxury ride from the Z4, but expect to feel the road. It is a performance vehicle. That being said, I am 6'2" and once in the vehicle I am quite comfortable, even on long road trips. I am guaranteed a smile every time I take my Z4 for a drive. :-)

6 speed manual transmission is smooth and forgiving. Surprisingly adequate trunk space, even w/ the top down. Automatic convertible top. Xenon lights seriously improve night time driving visibility.

With the convertible top up, you will make full use of the side mirrors for side & rear visibility.

WOW
By RXZ4

2005 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

WOW and to think we waited over three years to finally find and purchase our dream machine. 05 with 22K, CPO and extended maintenance plan, and fully loaded. The tires are pretty sensitive to less than perfect roads and you'll find yourself driving with two hands on the wheel. We actually like the cup holders and the radio rocks!

Power, MPG/fun, cockpit room, one touch windows and power top.

Need more storage compartments in the cockpit. Home link system should be standard.

Starship Enterprise for the road
By Induscreed

2005 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This car is my first BMW having had an 07 Mustang prior to this purchase. This car is a dream to drive with me looking for an excuse to drive the car wherever I can. It handles like it's on rails. It looks like no other BMW and easily turns heads. It's driving at its purest unadulterated form with a chassis that flatters your senses.

Power top, steering feedback, pretty much everything.

Cup Holder (which is a joke), bigger glove box.

The Civilized (and legal) go-kart
By Rajan

2005 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my second car (and first BMW). Good God....I just realized what I've been missing. I moved to this car from an 07 Mustang. The acceleration is blistering and the car handles like it's on rails. To make it more insane, just initiate the Sport button and it goes like stink. This is driving in its purest unadulterated form which convinces me why BMW's are the ultimate driving machine. I used to take the metro in to work everyday however after getting the car, I drive in just because it brings a huge smile to my face and is the perfect anti-dote to a hectic day and NO I'm not exaggerating. It looks fantastic and flatters you. So much for getting a bike.

The low seating position just by the rear wheels. The feedback on the steering wheel, the roadster experience. Top-up or down, you are driving a pure sports car.

Cup holders are a joke. Going over a pothole can bring the fear of God in you (which means... always keep an eye on the road).

First Bimmer
By babyjoe

2005 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I thought a Harley would satisfy my craving for a "fun" vehicle. It didn't. Few months after selling it, I found myself looking at the Miata. Drove one and immediately decided nope. Next found myself looking at the Z4. I absolutely love the styling. Knew nothing about them. Saw a Merlot 05 and fell in love. Drove my first BMW a couple of days later and knew I was hooked. Well I bought an 05 Merlot and haven't looked back. Best car in the galaxy. Fun, fun, fun and it does turn heads. Gas mileage ensures the fact this was a great decision. Need to change out the run flats and need warmer weather then the fun begins again. You gotta try one of these if you don't do anything else with your life!

Scary performance with terrific gas mileage. Looks and style. Lots of bells and whistles.

A little easier getting in and out of with the top up.