2005 BMW Z4 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Z4 model:
Z4 is a blast!
By Z4eeaahh on 02/08/10 00:34 AM (PST)

2005 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Wow! The Z4 is pure driving excitement! The vehicle has opened up the world of weekend roadtrips for me, but instead of using the GPS, I find myself reading a map to determine an alternate route to my destination. The highways are fun, but the Z4 really shines on the back roads. Some words that come to mind to describe this vehicle are; responsive, tight, nimble, classy, smooth and deceivingly quick. Do not expect a luxury ride from the Z4, but expect to feel the road. It is a performance vehicle. That being said, I am 6'2" and once in the vehicle I am quite comfortable, even on long road trips. I am guaranteed a smile every time I take my Z4 for a drive. :-)

WOW
By RXZ4 on 01/19/10 22:06 PM (PST)

2005 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

WOW and to think we waited over three years to finally find and purchase our dream machine. 05 with 22K, CPO and extended maintenance plan, and fully loaded. The tires are pretty sensitive to less than perfect roads and you'll find yourself driving with two hands on the wheel. We actually like the cup holders and the radio rocks!

Starship Enterprise for the road
By Induscreed on 05/29/09 12:58 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This car is my first BMW having had an 07 Mustang prior to this purchase. This car is a dream to drive with me looking for an excuse to drive the car wherever I can. It handles like it's on rails. It looks like no other BMW and easily turns heads. It's driving at its purest unadulterated form with a chassis that flatters your senses.

The Civilized (and legal) go-kart
By Rajan on 05/21/09 09:23 AM (PDT)

2005 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my second car (and first BMW). Good God....I just realized what I've been missing. I moved to this car from an 07 Mustang. The acceleration is blistering and the car handles like it's on rails. To make it more insane, just initiate the Sport button and it goes like stink. This is driving in its purest unadulterated form which convinces me why BMW's are the ultimate driving machine. I used to take the metro in to work everyday however after getting the car, I drive in just because it brings a huge smile to my face and is the perfect anti-dote to a hectic day and NO I'm not exaggerating. It looks fantastic and flatters you. So much for getting a bike.

First Bimmer
By babyjoe on 03/01/09 04:36 AM (PST)

2005 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I thought a Harley would satisfy my craving for a "fun" vehicle. It didn't. Few months after selling it, I found myself looking at the Miata. Drove one and immediately decided nope. Next found myself looking at the Z4. I absolutely love the styling. Knew nothing about them. Saw a Merlot 05 and fell in love. Drove my first BMW a couple of days later and knew I was hooked. Well I bought an 05 Merlot and haven't looked back. Best car in the galaxy. Fun, fun, fun and it does turn heads. Gas mileage ensures the fact this was a great decision. Need to change out the run flats and need warmer weather then the fun begins again. You gotta try one of these if you don't do anything else with your life!

Driving has never been this fun!!
By Mike Smith on 04/01/08 04:36 AM (PDT)

2005 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This car is so much fun it puts a huge smile on my face every day! Fantastic blend of power and elegance. Economical too, I have consistently gotten 27 MPG with mostly highway driving. This car has a sporty ride but absorbs the bumps well, despite the 18" alloys that come with the sport package. You must have the sports package, the standard 17" rims make the whole car look bland. The red leather interior is gorgeous. No reliability problems whatsoever. No rattles or electrical issues. The upgraded sound system is awesome. The trunk space is good, even with the top down! You can easily fit two suitcases in there, or a couple sets of golf clubs. Buy this car, you won't regret it!

Performance, economy & reliability!
By Don Durant on 11/23/07 15:27 PM (PST)

2005 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I've owned lots of foreign cars & sporty cars, but never a BMW before & if the Z4 is indicative of all BMWs, I'm a convert. In 42,000 miles, the care has only been in the shop for regular maintenance (FREE!) & that's only about every 15,000 miles. The Z4 is hands down the most practical sports car I've owned. Combined fuel economy is 25.5 mpg. The original tires lasted 40,000 miles. I'm 6'2" & it's comfortable, even for long trips. I drive lots on 2 lane country roads & the passing power is excellent. The Steptronic transmission is fun or easy & I love the sport drive feature. My next car will definitely be a BMW if this one ever wears out!

A real value
By Desert Fox on 06/03/06 08:54 AM (PDT)

2005 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

There's little I would change or request. Just wish they would refine the lines on the back like they did in front!

Z4
By jon on 03/26/06 05:36 AM (PST)

2005 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

the car is fun to drive with impressive performance and excellent fuel economy. I'm 6'4" and 240lbs, and have all the room I could ask for. the car is comfortable for me on long trips, and I have no tendency to "kink up"

great fun
By Tim Farrell on 01/09/06 12:26 PM (PST)

2005 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I took a road trip this summer through the Rockies and the car was a gas to drive. Very responsive, comfortable for long runs and very quick. Too bad there aren't many places to open it up.

1 2 3 4 5 next »