Fun and practicality in one package
By Matt S. on
2004 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)
I bought this car as a CPO with 13,000 miles on it. I have not been disappointed at all. Living in Southern California, this car does it all for me, from running to the grocery store to taking it for a run in the mountains. This is not a weekend toy for me; I use it regularly. I drove this car cross-country and was pleasantly surprised by comfort level it gave me on a 6000 mile trip. Its performance is excellent; it sticks to a mountain road like glue even on wet/icy pavement. I have every option but the nav system; the power driver's seat definitely ups the comfort level. I definitely recommend the 6 speed manual; it's a pain sometimes in LA traffic, but worth it overall.
Favorite Features
Performance, decent trunk space for a roadster, great gas mileage (30+ hwy/25 city), ergonomics, highly reliable and trouble-free. Comfort level for me is good; I never get out of this car feeling tired after a long drive. At 5'8", this car fits me like a glove. Plenty of usable cabin storage.
Suggested Improvements
A higher front end, but problem solved with a nose mask to protect it. The cup holders are a bit flimsy, but functional. The handling comes at a price with the very low profile tires that come with the sport package providing a very firm ride that can be a bit uncomfortable on rough pavement.