A great choice
By lecanp on
2004 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)
I've had my Z4 for about a month now. Got all the options - Performance & Sport packages, Steptronic, heated seats. A little pricy, but lots of fun. The car drives extremely well and will behave as reserved as you want it to when in normal mode, but transforms into a real tiger when you push the Sports button or shift the Steptronic into sports drive. There is no comparison to the 2.5, which felt underpowered. It is a little bumpy with the 18" wheels, but not as bad as I had feared. Watch out for pot holes! It does not handle puddles very well (easily hydroplanes). It is a real eye-turner for young and old alike.
Favorite Features
Acceleration and handling. Smooth and fast power top. Styling is an eye catcher. Trunk is very functional. Premium sound system is nice.
Suggested Improvements
Agree with all the complaints about the cupholders. Would be nice if the seat would quickly adjust to let you in and out. Lumbar support would be nice. I bought the iPOD attachment at the dealer, but found out later it won't work with the premium sound system (which comes std on the 3.0)