Used 2004 BMW Z4 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Z4 model:

Z4 4 Fun
By fozi

2004 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I think the z4 is a great little car for the weekend. Fun, fast and gets great looks from others -- but does not break your bank account doing it.

The shark look

A boot for the top when its down

Great at first, then....
By Sander SF

2004 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought the Z4 as what seemed like a natural upgrade from my Z3. I paid a premium to own this car, based on it's stellar styling and improvements, such as the fully auto top and glass rear window. However after owning it for the first 6 months, it began to annoy me to no end. It's horribly uncomfortable. From the unsupportive seats, the exaggerated door interior door handles that chafe my left leg every time I shift, to the un-adjustable seat belt that chokes me every time I drive. Plus the 1/4' inch clearance from the dash to my right knee, and I'm only 6'1! Add an ultra-harsh ride, and I feel like I'm in a torture chamber each time I get in. I wish I had kept the z3.

I get complements on the car's looks everywhere I go. The automatic roof is a plus. The power delivery is amazing. Short-throw shifter on 6- speed manual is one of the best I've ever used.

See ergonomic complaints above. The cup holders are a joke-- non-functional and broke once already. The top rattles in the down position, even after BMW "fixed" it 3 times. Steering feel is too light-- sport mode is silly and doesn't help much.

LOVEMYZZZ4
By lovemyzzzz4

2004 BMW Z4 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Have had the car 6 mobnths and love it more every time i drive it. Heads turn and I continually get tons of compliments. Currently, I avaerage 24 MPG, not bad for a sports car! The dealership has been very accomodating for appointments and any repairs. I took the car on a 600 mile trip and was able to pack the trunk with 3 duffle bags, and a lot of other things. I was amazed how much the trunk held. I highly reccommend this car! It's wonderful!

EVERYTHING

Should have kept the Z3
By Logger

2004 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I love the look of the car but it didn't drive as well as the Z3 and not as roomy as my Audi TT. Z4 has a lot of power and fun to drive, but wish I had my Z3 back.

road noise

Z4 was the worst car i have ever owned.
By Z4BMWZ4

2004 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my car brand new with 6 miles on it. Ive had it a year and has 11,000 miles on it now. I had to bring it to the show 8 times. The instrument cluster needed replacing twice. The passenger side power seat went out. The gas cap lid cover fell off at the gas station. The passenger side window fell out. The dealer would not take it back. BMW America would not do anything, but they "made a note of it" In 2003, the domestic cars had less complaints then the european cars. Makes you wonder why. I should have bought a cadallac.

Fun to drive with top down during summer. Looks good. That is about it.

Better build quality. Better quality control. Stop making them is Carolina.

• SUV