2004 BMW Z4 Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Z4 model:
Fun 2 Drv
By arnottt on 09/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW Z4 Convertible 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Locked on cruise control at 125 MPH for 400 miles (Omaha, NE to Fargo, ND). Stopped once for gas and slowed down three times for cops, but made the trip in just under four hours. I don't know how many Z4's were manufactured worldwide for 2003, but I suspect that people will collect these cars 20 years from now.

terrific car!
By roblaw on 09/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Although many must disagree, I love the look and handling of this car. It's got plenty of power, as opposed to the jaguar and mercedes convertibles i previously owned. The new lines make it unique. The lack of the idrive makes it the only BMW I have any interest in driving, since I am not a nuclear engineer or software designer, which I assume is a requirement to be able to understand the idrive.

enjoying my Z4 x 10
By patrick R on 09/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is a FUN FUN FUN car to drive. The 3.0 engine with the SMG transmission is even more FUN. I truely am enjoying this car and appreciate all the complements on its good looks. I chose the metalic black with red seats and electric top. The Z4 looks fast even standing still. I'm 6'2" and fit very comfortably. The sound system is excellent as is the exhaust system. There is a lot I like about this car and spend a lot of quality time in it. It's not something you see all around town.

Fun, reliable, very crisp
By epowell101 on 09/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Feels like driving a go cart with a rocket engine, but one that you can dress well in.

A true Ultimate driving
By Z4 Lover on 09/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Great Great Car. Everybody love it. Kids, olders and young people. A turn head car. Strong, sporty, own character, fine design, a unique style, comfort, force, sexy, dreams, all in one package.....Who need more???

My wifes Red Beemer
By Greggy on 09/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW Z4 Convertible 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

The Beemer is really my wifes auto, since she is not an aggressive driver she thinks it,s a super fast car.I on the other hand am a very aggressive driver and I LOVE it , it's fun to drive, for what it is and who the average buyer might be,girly type, it's the nuts..I think if I could convince her I would add a Blower, or turbo, then we could have a real blast.All in all, the handleing is good, a little roll in a hard turn, but aok..The brakes are Very nice, all in all, A Ball to drive, Guys give me dirty looks, I think they wish they had one. thanks.

I Luv my car!
By D&C on 09/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW Z4 Convertible 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Bought the car for my wife's birthday, but now find myself driving it more than her!Smart styling, tight handling, all around fun!

Z4 SMG
By panomark on 09/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Great Drive, especially with the SMG trans. Once you get use to the SMG, you wouldn't want a an auto.,less a 6spd. Needs a better beverage holder and interior storage, especially if you have 6CD in compartment. Had a Audi TT,which was great. This gave me best of both worlds-Speed, fun and a convertable.

I luv my Z
By jay munce on 09/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW Z4 Convertible 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

this car is the most fun car I have ever owned. I get stopped on the road all of thw time just to look at it

Drop top fun
By AJ Fons on 08/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW Z4 Convertible 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

First convertible in 15 years. Car is everything anyone can want. Great looks, sporty, true roadster feel. Top is down in a NY minute and back up as quick when necessary. The power and handling do not lack, the interior design has all the comforts. When the top is up the car is quiet and tight. BMW really did it right.