2004 BMW Z4 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Z4 model:
A great choice
By lecanp on 10/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I've had my Z4 for about a month now. Got all the options - Performance & Sport packages, Steptronic, heated seats. A little pricy, but lots of fun. The car drives extremely well and will behave as reserved as you want it to when in normal mode, but transforms into a real tiger when you push the Sports button or shift the Steptronic into sports drive. There is no comparison to the 2.5, which felt underpowered. It is a little bumpy with the 18" wheels, but not as bad as I had feared. Watch out for pot holes! It does not handle puddles very well (easily hydroplanes). It is a real eye-turner for young and old alike.

Fun to drive
By jruggio on 10/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW Z4 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Met or exceeded all my expectations as a roadster

Great Z4
By sdb8 on 10/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW Z4 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Great fun car. Automatic roof is great. Smooth acceleration, nice cruising (though the engine revs a little fast on the highway). I have driven it over 500 miles in a day and was comfortable (6'1", 230). I took a db meter on my test drive, and with the top up it was just a few db higher than my Acura RL.

love it
By evi man on 10/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

My friend let me drive it round he block and i instantly fell in love with it. its handling its looks its comfort its one of those cars that people just go wow about. when i get the money im buying one for sure

fun
By huemul on 10/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is a car that will give the driver everything he/she hopes for; style, reliability, confort and security

Still awesome one year later
By al4Z4 on 09/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Absolutely the coolest car to drive. I love the styling and handling, the power and the smooth ride (for the size). I've thrown friends that are 6'3" and 250 lbs in this to drive it and they fit! It truely holds two sets of golf clubs (standard carry bags). Sports package and the 3.0 were perfect upgrades. The big suprise was the gas mileage, about 26 MPG. My 04' Durango gets about half what this does. The only bad thing about driving this vehicle is that you can't see it from the outside when you're behind the wheel.

LOVE THOSE ROADSTERS
By JAZZ5290@AOL.COM on 09/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW Z4 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

NOTHING BUT GREAT FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zzzzzzzzzzz Way 2 Go
By Robert J. Kent on 09/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW Z4 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This is a eye catcher, 1st BMW and it was love at 1st sight. Very satisified. Daily comments from others. Feel like I'm driving a shark. General Motors take note, It's a Beamer not a Vet.

MY 1st Convertablie --ohhh what FUN!!!
By azpharmd on 09/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW Z4 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

man i got a great deal on this baby and i love every moment of it!! people stop me everywhere i go and ask me about it. for the price of this ultimate driving machine...you cant go wrong. you can get a better deal now that they are making rooms for the 2005 models. like some one posted earlier..this is not a race car, but a FUN CAR TO RIDE!

I wish I could drive it year round but
By Caligula on 09/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I live in Philly so in the garage it stays for the winter. If I can't put the top down I'm not drivin it. There is nothing like putting the top down on a cool crisp night and watching the stars roll by as you criuse down the highway.You may not be sold on it's looks but spend some quality time behind the wheel of this puppy and you might just change your tune.It handles like a dream and trust me there's more then enough power to get you into trouble.If you are in the market for a car do yourself a favor and at least take a Z4 for a test drive. You won't regret it!