Used 2004 BMW Z4 Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Z4 model:

My Z4!
By Z4

2004 BMW Z4 Convertible 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I have enjoyed everything about this car. The top goes down in 7 seconds and the two 12-inch subwoofers make music to my ears. Handling and overall features are superb.

The ultimate driving machine
By Bill

2004 BMW Z4 Convertible 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

The Z4 drives and handles as excellent as it looks. The controls and cockpit are well appointed, roomy, comfortable, and everything at your finger tips. The cargo area will hold a 22" travel bag with room for two small duffles or two small golf bags. All in all the Z4 is the Ultimate Driving Machine.

Just what I was looking for!
By Tina

2004 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Hi, I am full time mom, have a "minivan" because I have 3 kids + few friends to lug around. But buying Z4 was exactly what I was looking for. It is reliable, handles beautifully and looks very hot. Gas mileage is excellent and I can take one of the kids at a time to have a good conversation going... weekends to enjoy with my husband. He has porsche for his weekend car but somehow we always end up driving mine (wonder why? :-)). The size of the trunk is perfect for one good food store shopping or to fit all my stuff for cool weekend. As I said,"It's all I was looking for!"

Favorite Features

Roof opens so easy and closes even easier. I have silver ext. with red seats... very hot looking! I don't drive it once without somebody complimenting it!

Suggested Improvements

Reduce brake dust.

Z4
By Bill

2004 BMW Z4 Convertible 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Excellent handling very responsive. Classic design. Trunk will fit two soft bag golf clubs. Love the power top. Seat adjustment is superb over my ex '99 corvette. I am able to stand when exiting the car rather than rolling out of it with the corvette. Very quiet ride with the top up and with the windscreen in place with the top down. Quality craftsmanship both in the exterior and interior desgn. After all, it is the ultimate driving machine.

Z4 in VA
By Mike

2004 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Car is a kick in the pants every day. Once you get in, the fun starts. I have a 6 sp and it is butter smooth with a light clutch. The car is what a sports car should be all about.

Favorite Features

Handling: it is a joy on the back roads. The looks w the 18" wheels in Bright Red turn heads every time, the trunk is actually big enough for two. Gotta get the Sport package or buy something else!

Suggested Improvements

Typically BMW junky cupholders already broken, drivers seat showing wear already, could always be less expensive.