2004 BMW Z4 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Z4 model:
Blast
By Phil Adler on 07/29/06 04:29 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This little car is a real blast to dirve. I have owned 535s, a new M3, MGB, 442 and numerous fun cars, but none as much fun as this little ragtop. It gives you total feel of the road, which when bumpy perhaps too much. But once again it's a sweet ride. My Z is black with a tan top and while some are critical of the styling, I get lots of "I was admiring your car" and such. The 6 speed is smooth as silk and the 3.0 delivers pleanty of power. I can't wait to test drive the new M series. I can't recommend this car enough to anyone looking for a roadster.And your BMW dealer probably has a demo for you to check out before ordering. Thats what happened to me as a four test drive convinced me.

Z - one for me!!!
By NB on 07/20/06 06:25 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW Z4 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

After owning MGs, Eclipses, and Triumphs, I finally found the one true sports car that "fits". It is reliable, handles like a dream and is truly beautiful to view. I get excellent gas mileage and have the pickup and speed to feel confident, even in the worst traffic. The 3 cubic feet of trunk is enough for my wife and myself to go on weekend trips and she can take ALL her stuff!!! All in all it absolutely meets my needs.

BMW=Best Made in the World!
By Michael N on 06/13/06 04:44 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW Z4 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I have absolutely nothing negative to say about this car. This is the first manual transmission I have ever even tried to drive and after owning this BMW Z4 I will never drive an automatic ever again. Besides the fact that it has superior craftsmanship, great styling, and is a blast to drive I get great gas mileage that really helps with the rise of prices at the pump. My next car will definitely be a BMW!

Jim's Z4
By Jim Marcum on 06/03/06 06:26 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I really love driving this car, it handles like a dream in the sport mode. I really like to shift it with the steptronic transmission, it shifts very smooth. I also like the easy to read gauges at night, the orange dash lights are just cool. I have all the options and packages you can get with this car except for the navigation. I also want Sirius radio which I can get but the trunk mounted antenna just don't work for me. It's a little hard getting in and out of because it is low to the ground but onced you're in and settled you can for hours with the top down and the windscreen in place.

Fun to Drive
By Jim Peacock on 05/18/06 07:08 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

It's a great car. The tops comes down in only 8 sec. Very fast. Good gas mileage. Fun to drive.

1st BMW...not last for sure.
By secularist on 12/09/05 19:48 PM (PST)

2004 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Originally got this for my wife. I'm stealing it from her and getting her a 5 series. I still don't understand why the styling is "controversial"...I get more approving stares and chatter about this car than I ever thought possible. We have the 3.0 with the Sport Pkg. Ride is firm for sure, but it's such a go-kart when it comes to the twisties...love it. Gets great mileage for something that's so fast.

my review
By Makobimmer on 10/07/05 04:48 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my first roadster ever and I love it! Most verts Ive driven have lots of body shake and feel like they are falling apart. This car is TIGHT! No shakes over the roughest of roads. The performance is top notch. The handling is incredible. I try my hardest to get the rearend to fishtail in safe settings....cant do it! The interior is very teutonic, very German, very luxurious....top notch.

Awesome Performance !
By TurboCarrara on 09/13/05 21:58 PM (PDT)

2004 BMW Z4 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Great performance - braking, corners, pickup. Comfortable but stiff ride - but expected in a roadster. Actually gets better gas mileage than expected.

Landshark; Rules the road
By BayAreaBMWFan on 09/10/05 02:40 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is truly the Ultimate Driving Machine. I have an SMG transmission which allows you to shift manually with automatic clutching. I have the control of the manual with no clutching hassles! With the Sports mode on, the car gives an amazing feel. The engine sound and in the gut acceleration really gets the juices flowing. The steering is responsive and the suspension tight; this is not a touring sedan. I test drove the Z3 before buying this, and this car feels and drive very differently. It is a lot more powerful and "manly". When I look at it from the front it reminds of a shark & the Z4 rules the road like one. BMW leases are not expensive; get a Z4. Money well spent.

Awesome car
By TEREN-Z4 on 08/21/05 21:11 PM (PDT)

2004 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I fell in love with this car at the dealer. It was love at first sight. I went to look at the practical 330xi. I had a 5 series for my last 2 cars and thought I wanted the sporty 3 series with all wheel drive for the mountains of NC. I saw the Z4 and had visions of a jet fighter. It just looks so awesome to me. Well the test drive was even more impresive, I had to have one. The car is so great that we drove it to key west on our vacation rather than flying. It was so cool.