Used 2004 BMW Z4 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Bmw Z4 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Z4 model:

sorry I bought it
By xplanemd

2004 BMW Z4 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

not worth the price compared with other vehicles for performance.

Favorite Features

can't think of anything that would make me buy another one

Suggested Improvements

go back to the drawing board. A big mistake of stoping production of the Z3

Z 4 is Z1 - 4 me
By beckerscience

2004 BMW Z4 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

It is just plain driving fun! Responsive,handles superior in the curves. Good mileage both city and highway.

Favorite Features

Auto open top, rain sensor w/w's...etc, etc

The fun zone starts here
By Roger G

2004 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Exellent car for the money, beats Porsche Boxster and Audi TT without question,love the aggresive design, some hate, it I love it, most non BMW owners thinks is an $80,000 car, worth the extra money I paid for the 3.0.

Favorite Features

Handling, and braking are in super car territory, and that smooth inline 6.

Suggested Improvements

The weels are terrible, they bend really easy and are very hard to clean.

Z4 - no comparison (even to the Z3)
By DocHoz

2004 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I owned the Z3 for 3 years and upgraded to the Z4 about a year ago. WOW says it all. BMW should pat themselves on the back for this one. The improvements on the interior from the Z3 to the Z4 are incredible and numerous. The exterior is the most obvious change, and that did take a little bit to grow on me - but I love it now. The handling, acceleration, braking, and response of the vehicle are fantastic - the sport button definetly gives it that extra "kick" when you need it. If you never owned a BMW or a roadster, I guarantee you will love it. If you are upgrading from the Z3, you will thank God you did. You will be amazed by all of the compliments you get.

Favorite Features

I added every package on this puppy and then some. The new rag top with glass window and defogger was needed and appreciated. The talking DVD Navigation is awesome and I recommend it. The 18" sport rims compliment the Z4's design nicely. More interior room and trunk space than the Z3.

Suggested Improvements

Move the cup holders - I hate having my cold drink being warmed by the vents. It wouldn't hurt to make the exhaust even beefier. BMW should not make us wait for the M Roadster (although I understand why) - because I would have preferred and bought those 300+ ponies.

Great car, if you like to drive
By ChrisLee

2004 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

The best two-seater I have ever owned. Great acceleration, great grip, cornering is a pleasure, it is very safe and the drive is always controlled, the steering is unbelievable, it is very comfortable and it looks great. What else do you need from a sports car? On the downside, I have had several warranty issues, there were material flaws and the repair crews were not always familar with the car and with their own job (e.g. destroying things as they fixed others). Last, my 2 cents: get the SMG (semi- manual gearbox) if you can. It is the best shifting experience I have ever had and far superior to the other alternative of manual shifting.

Favorite Features

1. SMG 2. design 3. acceleration 4. handling / steering 5. comfort

Suggested Improvements

1. more options 2. M-version