2004 BMW Z4 Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Z4 model:
Z is good for me
By throb on 07/15/07 19:17 PM (PDT)

2004 BMW Z4 Convertible 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I got this car when I finally could afford one and wow it did not disappoint. I got the SMG based transmission and that thing is a total blast. I love the car so much that I am leasing a new 07 Z4 3.0si starting in 2 days! My only gripe is that the Z series is always behind in cool technology that the 3 series has. No siruis radio. Pathetic. It's a very small gripe on a kickin' car!

Land Shark
By DarkApprentice on 04/24/07 15:04 PM (PDT)

2004 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This thing is sleek, corners well, good turning radius, punchy 0-60 for the amount of money spent, the stereo system is decent for a stock set-up. A little awkward getting out of the vehicle but this is nothing new for a sporty vehicle / roadster. All in all it's a great car!

Great Summer fun
By Dave on 03/03/07 14:26 PM (PST)

2004 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Really have enjoyed the Z4. Lightweight but feels rock solid on the road. Outstanding handling, steering feedback. Acceleration is very good, though of course I always want more. Very firm ride, can border on jarring on bad roads, but much better than M3 convertible. Actually very comfortable for distances on reasonable smooth roads. Only significant complaint pertains to most of BMW lineup: runflat tires. They are more firm, don't help performance, are stocked by very few local shops, and are VERY expensive. Cheapest local quote: >$1,000 for 2 tires w/ installation. Ordered from Tirerack.com but even then was >$700 w/ installation. Not great given many folks had treadlife issues.

Gettin' the looks...
By Endlessummer on 01/15/07 04:06 AM (PST)

2004 BMW Z4 Convertible 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Ok, really... this car gets more looks than YouTube. Every place I go/park, someone comments on it. And, it's all positive, and I couldn't agree more! This is one fun car to drive/have. Come on, face it... it's not a practical car but who cares! If you want practical, buy a sedan. This car reeks of attitude, confidence and carefree fun! Buy it, drive it, baby it, love it... it is well worth it!

Great Fun for The Money
By jack johnson on 01/01/07 23:02 PM (PST)

2004 BMW Z4 Convertible 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This car is great. It is the most fun someone can have driving. Pop the car into sport mode and you're gone. The car moves with a single touch, there is no lag what so ever. The only negatives are its small size (but you already know that) though a spacious trunk for the size of car, and the car isn't the most comfortable thing for trips longer than 2 hours. I would highly recommend this car to anyone who wants a fun car. It is not the best family car but strap in and hit some open road and try not to smile. You can't help but love it.

My Z4!
By Z4 on 11/19/06 07:25 AM (PST)

2004 BMW Z4 Convertible 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I have enjoyed everything about this car. The top goes down in 7 seconds and the two 12-inch subwoofers make music to my ears. Handling and overall features are superb.

The ultimate driving machine
By Bill on 11/14/06 05:49 AM (PST)

2004 BMW Z4 Convertible 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

The Z4 drives and handles as excellent as it looks. The controls and cockpit are well appointed, roomy, comfortable, and everything at your finger tips. The cargo area will hold a 22" travel bag with room for two small duffles or two small golf bags. All in all the Z4 is the Ultimate Driving Machine.

Just what I was looking for!
By Tina on 10/12/06 11:31 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Hi, I am full time mom, have a "minivan" because I have 3 kids + few friends to lug around. But buying Z4 was exactly what I was looking for. It is reliable, handles beautifully and looks very hot. Gas mileage is excellent and I can take one of the kids at a time to have a good conversation going... weekends to enjoy with my husband. He has porsche for his weekend car but somehow we always end up driving mine (wonder why? :-)). The size of the trunk is perfect for one good food store shopping or to fit all my stuff for cool weekend. As I said,"It's all I was looking for!"

Z4
By Bill on 10/01/06 08:14 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW Z4 Convertible 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Excellent handling very responsive. Classic design. Trunk will fit two soft bag golf clubs. Love the power top. Seat adjustment is superb over my ex '99 corvette. I am able to stand when exiting the car rather than rolling out of it with the corvette. Very quiet ride with the top up and with the windscreen in place with the top down. Quality craftsmanship both in the exterior and interior desgn. After all, it is the ultimate driving machine.

Z4 in VA
By Mike on 09/06/06 09:09 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Car is a kick in the pants every day. Once you get in, the fun starts. I have a 6 sp and it is butter smooth with a light clutch. The car is what a sports car should be all about.