Used 2004 BMW Z4 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Z4 model:

amazing!!
By xxmrk0rnxx

2004 BMW Z4 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Ive been unbelievable impressed with this car since the day i baught it. It drives amazing in the rain and most likely will do the same in the snow. This car gets so many looks and its the most comfortable car ive ever owned .

Review of my 3.0 BMW Z4 2004
By James Morris

2004 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is by far the best vehicle I have ever owned. Its just what I always wanted. I liked the Z3 but the Z4 is much better in every catagory. I will now own a BMW the rest of my life. They are a dream and drive like a dream. The service is awesome and I have had nothing but good luck. Sincerely, Jim

Favorite Features

The SMG transmision and the handling. It corners like a race car.

Suggested Improvements

The only suggestion I have for improvements are to put duel exhausts on the car like most of the others in its class.

Awesome Car
By Penny

2004 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is an awesome car. The Z4 3.0 is fast and fun to drive. It gets great gas mileage, I average 28 mpg. My Z4 is has the sport feature which really makes it get up and go. The GPS is terrific and easy to use. Heated seats are a nice feature, making driving at night with the top down comfortable and cozy. There is ample leg room. When driving and parking it is important to remember that the front is low to the ground and most of the car is in front of you. The front will hit the concrete parking stops and curbs if you are not careful. Overall, the Z4 3.0 is a blast to drive.

Favorite Features

The convertable top goes up and down so easily. It is no more difficult to operate than power windows.

Suggested Improvements

Storage space inside is limited and the glove box is small. There really isn't a good place to put sunglasses etc, except in the ashtray.

A good, fun drive
By lankyyankee

2004 BMW Z4 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Love it! Small defects, tho: open glove compartment, everything falls out. Open storage bin between seats, it's so high up you can hardly get to anything. Side door compartments are difficult to reach into. But there's more trunk space now, than the Z3. Glass window in the back instead of plastic. Neat-looking with topdown. Still a blast to drive. Love it!

Favorite Features

glass instead of plastic window in rear. Topdown look is great. Drives beautifully & holds the road nicely.

Suggested Improvements

Wish it had tape-deck, as well as CD player. Glove compartment wasn't so poorly placed. And storage at shoulder- height too difficult to manage.

JPDZ4 2.5
By jpdz4

2004 BMW Z4 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

The Z4 is my first BMW and it the best driving experience I have ever had. The looks grow on you and the uniqueness and rarity of the car draws a lot of attention. I had first intended to buy a Porsche Boxster but the current style is boring and they are very common in my neighborhood.

Favorite Features

The looks, the interior styling, the unique shape and the attention it gets from regular people.

Suggested Improvements

None.