2004 BMW Z4 Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Z4 model:
Beautilful to look at but...
By adunkle on 07/23/13 04:07 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This car is beautiful!! Very sexy and sleek. Just looking at it, it drips of performance and wants to go fast. That's the only positive things I have to say about it and why I have kept it but am considering moving on. The car seems to have one malfunction after another with no end in sight. To list a few of the more recent issues that needed to be fixed: Convertible top motor, all abs sensors, new starter and new coolent reservoir. Add the regular maintenance cost such as breaks, tires and other miscellaneous things that just need to replaced and be ready to fork out some serious $$$! This is my second German car and all I have to say is, "So much for German engineering!"

What more do you want!
By jimlarson on 02/12/13 21:08 PM (PST)

2004 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

just simply a Fun, fast, unique car! i just bought a white 04 z4 with red leather and couldn't be happier! drove a TT for years, loved it, but like the z4 much better because of comfort and exterior design. interior isn't as fancy as i would like, but who needs a GPS when your having fun getting lost driving around! very low to ground, makes for a little awkward "in and out" ... but who cares! gets tons of compliments, looks amazing from all sides. you don't see these cars all over the place which makes them even more unique. great around corners, i live in pacific northwest, and wet windy roads are super fun! ... nice and quiet with top up!

What a snow ride
By Mecho on 03/26/09 20:41 PM (PDT)

2004 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I had this 2004 Z4 3.0 for the last 4 years. Silver titanium. It is impressive, I love it very much. Drove it all year around in Detroit and Minneapolis. This car is great on snow with the right tires. It is fun to drive. I test drove the SL55 AMG as my next car possibly. Let me tell you, I have to think twice now. Z4 is even more than what we may think. It has been difficult to choose something else after you drive this car. Most likely it will be SL55 AMG though for me tough decision to move from the Z4 even after more than 4 years driving it all year around. Never drove a car for that long. Go get one don't even think twice about Z4. :)

Fun and practicality in one package
By Matt S. on 07/01/08 09:41 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this car as a CPO with 13,000 miles on it. I have not been disappointed at all. Living in Southern California, this car does it all for me, from running to the grocery store to taking it for a run in the mountains. This is not a weekend toy for me; I use it regularly. I drove this car cross-country and was pleasantly surprised by comfort level it gave me on a 6000 mile trip. Its performance is excellent; it sticks to a mountain road like glue even on wet/icy pavement. I have every option but the nav system; the power driver's seat definitely ups the comfort level. I definitely recommend the 6 speed manual; it's a pain sometimes in LA traffic, but worth it overall.

Great Weekend Toy
By Kevin Campbell on 02/25/08 01:51 AM (PST)

2004 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Great toy for the weekends. Never even a warranty item. Corners great. I have the SMG package which takes getting use to. Boxster S killer and Porsche owners always hate to loose! Drawbacks, cup holders are useless but necessary to have drinks in the Florida heat. This is a sports car and a bumpy sports car ride with stiff seats. Anything past a couple hours it hard on the butt.

As good as it gets
By Werner on 02/18/08 01:11 AM (PST)

2004 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

What a fantasic roadster, much better than the Z3, test drove the TT and Boxster. It's simply better than anything in its class.

Land Shark
By DarkApprentice on 04/24/07 15:04 PM (PDT)

2004 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This thing is sleek, corners well, good turning radius, punchy 0-60 for the amount of money spent, the stereo system is decent for a stock set-up. A little awkward getting out of the vehicle but this is nothing new for a sporty vehicle / roadster. All in all it's a great car!

Great Summer fun
By Dave on 03/03/07 14:26 PM (PST)

2004 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Really have enjoyed the Z4. Lightweight but feels rock solid on the road. Outstanding handling, steering feedback. Acceleration is very good, though of course I always want more. Very firm ride, can border on jarring on bad roads, but much better than M3 convertible. Actually very comfortable for distances on reasonable smooth roads. Only significant complaint pertains to most of BMW lineup: runflat tires. They are more firm, don't help performance, are stocked by very few local shops, and are VERY expensive. Cheapest local quote: >$1,000 for 2 tires w/ installation. Ordered from Tirerack.com but even then was >$700 w/ installation. Not great given many folks had treadlife issues.

Just what I was looking for!
By Tina on 10/12/06 11:31 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Hi, I am full time mom, have a "minivan" because I have 3 kids + few friends to lug around. But buying Z4 was exactly what I was looking for. It is reliable, handles beautifully and looks very hot. Gas mileage is excellent and I can take one of the kids at a time to have a good conversation going... weekends to enjoy with my husband. He has porsche for his weekend car but somehow we always end up driving mine (wonder why? :-)). The size of the trunk is perfect for one good food store shopping or to fit all my stuff for cool weekend. As I said,"It's all I was looking for!"

Z4 in VA
By Mike on 09/06/06 09:09 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Car is a kick in the pants every day. Once you get in, the fun starts. I have a 6 sp and it is butter smooth with a light clutch. The car is what a sports car should be all about.