Used 2004 BMW Z4 3.0i Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Bmw Z4 - Consumer Reviews

2004 BMW Z4 Convertible

View reviews for a specific Z4 model:

Beautilful to look at but...
By adunkle

2004 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This car is beautiful!! Very sexy and sleek. Just looking at it, it drips of performance and wants to go fast. That's the only positive things I have to say about it and why I have kept it but am considering moving on. The car seems to have one malfunction after another with no end in sight. To list a few of the more recent issues that needed to be fixed: Convertible top motor, all abs sensors, new starter and new coolent reservoir. Add the regular maintenance cost such as breaks, tires and other miscellaneous things that just need to replaced and be ready to fork out some serious $$$! This is my second German car and all I have to say is, "So much for German engineering!"

Favorite Features

Exterior Design. Fun to Drive

Suggested Improvements

After forking out big bucks for a car like this I expect better. Better all around quality. Just better everything!

What more do you want!
By jimlarson

2004 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

just simply a Fun, fast, unique car! i just bought a white 04 z4 with red leather and couldn't be happier! drove a TT for years, loved it, but like the z4 much better because of comfort and exterior design. interior isn't as fancy as i would like, but who needs a GPS when your having fun getting lost driving around! very low to ground, makes for a little awkward "in and out" ... but who cares! gets tons of compliments, looks amazing from all sides. you don't see these cars all over the place which makes them even more unique. great around corners, i live in pacific northwest, and wet windy roads are super fun! ... nice and quiet with top up!

Favorite Features

exterior design stuns everyone. unique! wide body makes for a safe ride, doesn't feel "miata like" when you pass a semi truck. great sound system (bass is amazing!!)

Suggested Improvements

Interior needs more "bells and whistles" ... but does everything it's suppose to!! ... cup holders are limited ... VERY limited, but thats BMW for ya! ...very small storage in cabin, truck is big enough for everything i need.

What a snow ride
By Mecho

2004 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I had this 2004 Z4 3.0 for the last 4 years. Silver titanium. It is impressive, I love it very much. Drove it all year around in Detroit and Minneapolis. This car is great on snow with the right tires. It is fun to drive. I test drove the SL55 AMG as my next car possibly. Let me tell you, I have to think twice now. Z4 is even more than what we may think. It has been difficult to choose something else after you drive this car. Most likely it will be SL55 AMG though for me tough decision to move from the Z4 even after more than 4 years driving it all year around. Never drove a car for that long. Go get one don't even think twice about Z4. :)

Favorite Features

the small monster... hit the gas and it's unleashed instantly.

Suggested Improvements

a bit more horses will fit this car... or go get the Z4 M... hahaha

Fun and practicality in one package
By Matt S.

2004 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this car as a CPO with 13,000 miles on it. I have not been disappointed at all. Living in Southern California, this car does it all for me, from running to the grocery store to taking it for a run in the mountains. This is not a weekend toy for me; I use it regularly. I drove this car cross-country and was pleasantly surprised by comfort level it gave me on a 6000 mile trip. Its performance is excellent; it sticks to a mountain road like glue even on wet/icy pavement. I have every option but the nav system; the power driver's seat definitely ups the comfort level. I definitely recommend the 6 speed manual; it's a pain sometimes in LA traffic, but worth it overall.

Favorite Features

Performance, decent trunk space for a roadster, great gas mileage (30+ hwy/25 city), ergonomics, highly reliable and trouble-free. Comfort level for me is good; I never get out of this car feeling tired after a long drive. At 5'8", this car fits me like a glove. Plenty of usable cabin storage.

Suggested Improvements

A higher front end, but problem solved with a nose mask to protect it. The cup holders are a bit flimsy, but functional. The handling comes at a price with the very low profile tires that come with the sport package providing a very firm ride that can be a bit uncomfortable on rough pavement.

Great Weekend Toy
By Kevin Campbell

2004 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Great toy for the weekends. Never even a warranty item. Corners great. I have the SMG package which takes getting use to. Boxster S killer and Porsche owners always hate to loose! Drawbacks, cup holders are useless but necessary to have drinks in the Florida heat. This is a sports car and a bumpy sports car ride with stiff seats. Anything past a couple hours it hard on the butt.

Favorite Features

Corners like it is on rails, one of the best designs ever. Gets ferrari looks without the cost of a ferrari

Suggested Improvements

Give us a real radio, some cup holders that work and a little more cushion in the seats so we can drive it more than 2 hours.