2004 BMW Z4 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Z4 model:
A great car even after 6 Years
By PerryM on 08/26/10 12:59 PM (PDT)

2004 BMW Z4 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

So I bought a 2004 Z4 with 17K miles on it a moth ago. Drove it from Pittsburgh to Chicago to get it home and it was a blast! Wow! This car is comfy, roomy, powerful, reliable, and fun! The 2.5 has quite the power and I can't really notice a difference vs. the 3.0. What more can you ask for? The prices are very competitive these days for a pre-owned. I test drove a Z3 10 years ago and hated it so I bought a MR2 Spyder. This vehicle tops them both by far. Fairly quiet with the top up, especially for a convertible. and you can't really feel the wind too bad when its down.

Very Impressive Indeed!
By Perry M on 08/09/10 07:29 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW Z4 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Just bought a 2004 Z4 with 17K miles and this vehicle drives very impressively. I drove the vehicle home 600 miles and it was very comfortable, handled nicely, and was just a blast to drive. This is my first BMW. In the past I've owned a 2000 MR2 Spyder and this Z4 tops it by far. Great trunk space, powerful motor, roomy interior. I really think I can drive this vehicle everyday if I wanted to.

Z4 Review
By Weiker Kline on 06/30/09 06:15 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW Z4 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This car is excellent in every way. I've had other roadsters, but this one is the best without exception. I think it will survive to become a valued collector car in a few years.

Fun, fun, fun - but a bit impractical
By AZDave on 09/15/07 21:24 PM (PDT)

2004 BMW Z4 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Let's face it. People buy cars like this for their fun factor, and perhaps for their "cool" factor as well. The Z4 does a bang-up job of providing both while delivering upwards of 25 mpg. It's a bit of a chore getting in and out, especially for a 6'2" guy like me, but once you're inside it's surprisingly roomy if you lower the seats all the way. The power convertible top works perfectly, and the interior is gorgeous. The ride is stiff, but the car runs and handles fantastically. My only complaint: you have to be careful when parking or you'll scrape the underside of the front cowling.

Z is good for me
By throb on 07/15/07 19:17 PM (PDT)

2004 BMW Z4 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I got this car when I finally could afford one and wow it did not disappoint. I got the SMG based transmission and that thing is a total blast. I love the car so much that I am leasing a new 07 Z4 3.0si starting in 2 days! My only gripe is that the Z series is always behind in cool technology that the 3 series has. No siruis radio. Pathetic. It's a very small gripe on a kickin' car!

Gettin' the looks...
By Endlessummer on 01/15/07 04:06 AM (PST)

2004 BMW Z4 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Ok, really... this car gets more looks than YouTube. Every place I go/park, someone comments on it. And, it's all positive, and I couldn't agree more! This is one fun car to drive/have. Come on, face it... it's not a practical car but who cares! If you want practical, buy a sedan. This car reeks of attitude, confidence and carefree fun! Buy it, drive it, baby it, love it... it is well worth it!

Great Fun for The Money
By jack johnson on 01/01/07 23:02 PM (PST)

2004 BMW Z4 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This car is great. It is the most fun someone can have driving. Pop the car into sport mode and you're gone. The car moves with a single touch, there is no lag what so ever. The only negatives are its small size (but you already know that) though a spacious trunk for the size of car, and the car isn't the most comfortable thing for trips longer than 2 hours. I would highly recommend this car to anyone who wants a fun car. It is not the best family car but strap in and hit some open road and try not to smile. You can't help but love it.

My Z4!
By Z4 on 11/19/06 07:25 AM (PST)

2004 BMW Z4 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I have enjoyed everything about this car. The top goes down in 7 seconds and the two 12-inch subwoofers make music to my ears. Handling and overall features are superb.

The ultimate driving machine
By Bill on 11/14/06 05:49 AM (PST)

2004 BMW Z4 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

The Z4 drives and handles as excellent as it looks. The controls and cockpit are well appointed, roomy, comfortable, and everything at your finger tips. The cargo area will hold a 22" travel bag with room for two small duffles or two small golf bags. All in all the Z4 is the Ultimate Driving Machine.

Z4
By Bill on 10/01/06 08:14 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW Z4 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Excellent handling very responsive. Classic design. Trunk will fit two soft bag golf clubs. Love the power top. Seat adjustment is superb over my ex '99 corvette. I am able to stand when exiting the car rather than rolling out of it with the corvette. Very quiet ride with the top up and with the windscreen in place with the top down. Quality craftsmanship both in the exterior and interior desgn. After all, it is the ultimate driving machine.