Used 2004 BMW Z4 Consumer Reviews - 222 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 BMW Z4 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Z4 model:

Slammin' style and great to own!
By Michael Taylor

2004 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Beats all other small convertibles. I tried Honda, Toyota, Mazda, Mercedes, Fiat, MGB, VW, and so on. I also own a 528i, but I'm not biased at all. If it is a great car, I say so. This is a phenomenal car. I work on it myself, but really, nothing has gone wrong...except the motor for the top. The design is such that water backs up (from clogged drainage holes) with debris and floods the top's electric motor. Water vs electrical component? Water will be the destroyer of every pump, every time. BMW knows, now, that this is a poor design. I relocated my pump, after replacement, into the trunk. Viola! Never another problem. In spite of this, this car is unmatched in fun, performance, handling, and coolness. I am going to buy another one so I can have 2! I want a 2.5 for comparison. These cars are that good! Just test drive one. You will be a believer and find a way to get one. Mark my words. Enjoy, and be safe.

Car Love
By Richard Demarco

2004 BMW Z4 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I've had my Z4 for 5 years after owning a Z3 for 12 years. Ultimate driving machine is a great name for these cars.

BMW Z4
By Cher

2004 BMW Z4 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Beautilful to look at but...
By adunkle

2004 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This car is beautiful!! Very sexy and sleek. Just looking at it, it drips of performance and wants to go fast. That's the only positive things I have to say about it and why I have kept it but am considering moving on. The car seems to have one malfunction after another with no end in sight. To list a few of the more recent issues that needed to be fixed: Convertible top motor, all abs sensors, new starter and new coolent reservoir. Add the regular maintenance cost such as breaks, tires and other miscellaneous things that just need to replaced and be ready to fork out some serious $$$! This is my second German car and all I
have to say is, "So much for German engineering!"

Exterior Design. Fun to Drive

After forking out big bucks for a car like this I expect better. Better all around quality. Just better everything!

What more do you want!
By jimlarson

2004 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

just simply a Fun, fast, unique car! i just bought a white 04 z4 with red leather and couldn't be happier! drove a TT for years, loved it, but like the z4 much better because of comfort and exterior design. interior isn't as fancy as i would like, but who needs a GPS when your having fun getting lost driving around! very low to ground, makes for a little awkward "in and out" ... but who cares! gets tons of compliments, looks amazing from all sides. you don't see these cars all over the place which makes them even more unique. great around corners, i live in pacific northwest, and wet windy roads are super fun! ... nice and quiet with top up!

exterior design stuns everyone. unique! wide body makes for a safe ride, doesn't feel "miata like" when you pass a semi truck. great sound system (bass is amazing!!)

Interior needs more "bells and whistles" ... but does everything it's suppose to!! ... cup holders are limited ... VERY limited, but thats BMW for ya! ...very small storage in cabin, truck is big enough for everything i need.