2003 BMW Z4 Consumer Review: You gotta drive it to believe

2003 BMW Z4 - Consumer Review

You gotta drive it to believe it
By DropTopZ4 on

2003 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Long story short, I was so enamored with the styling and performance numbers that I ordered my Z4 3.0i via phone without a test drive. It's an awesome car that draws attention everywhere I go. To really feel the power, put it in Sport Mode and punch the throttle. If DSC gets in the way, switch it off. The stereo kicks too. Even the exhaust note sounds as if the engine is bigger than it really is. The automatic top is a crowd pleaser. Handling is solid and stable, and the ride is firm due to the sport suspension and run-flat tires. Test drive one or do what I did and just go buy one!

Exterior and interior styling, the engine, the brakes, Sport Mode, the color combo of Sterling Grey with a Red Leather interior, the 6 speed manual, the automatic top, the 10 speaker stereo, the 18" wheels....

The ride can be choppy over rough roadways so maybe offering a non run- flat tire option might be interesting. For us power hungry drivers, more power but not that this car really needs it.