The Good and the Bad
By Jason Y. on
2003 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)
Shortly after purchasing it used at 59,200 miles, the coolant light came on so I filled it up when the engine was cold and it continues to leak whenever the coolant expands with a hot engine. I'm guessing the coolant expansion tank is cracked. Other than the above mechanical issue this car draws a lot of semi-truck drivers attention and praises and other people on the road also. It feels like this car has sticky glue on the tires during fast turns. Manual 6-speed transmission shifts wonderfully. Not the fastest car on the road against say a Ford 500GT or any other hot rods but this Z4 has the right balance between styling and performance.
Favorite Features
Open or close the soft top automatically in less than 15 seconds. Driver & Passenger heated seats (including the back of the body). 6 speed manual transmission. Flip-Up in-dash navigation screen & car statistics monitor display.
Suggested Improvements
Have yet to fix the coolant leaking issue... my Z4 has to filled once every 40 or so miles driven. Also, the lack of interior storage is my pet-peeve. Only enough storage room for my pack of Orbit Gum next to me.