Disappointed
By Eric Morales on
2003 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)
If you buy these cars, expect to shell out big bucks for repairs. We have an extended warranty which so far has been of no use because of water leakage. The top wouldn't open because of a leak. BMW at least paid for labor, parts still cost us 800.00. Now the wipers stopped working. Some part cracked and water again somehow got in. Going to cost 1100.00 to fix and again, it's not covered under the warranty. Great looking and handling car, but poorly built. Will never buy a BMW again.
Favorite Features
Fun to drive, looks great, handles great.
Suggested Improvements
How about making them more waterproof! Poor design quality on major parts. Warranty should cover more-wouldn't bother getting it again.
By magicdolphin
on 11/04/11 18:53 PM (PDT)

I'm with you; very disappointed in the quality of workmanship, parts and design with my Z4; I only have 30,000 miles and my roof has seized up again due to water into the electric mechanism; the casing was just replaced in 2008; at lease you got some coverage; my extended warranty won't cover any of the cost of repair. Just had to replace all the rubber around the windsheild and the cowel ... I expected better quality for the price of this car and from the name BMW. Cute car, fun to drive but more fun when the roof will go down.