2003 BMW Z4 Consumer Review: Disappointed in Quality

2003 BMW Z4 - Consumer Review

2003 BMW Z4

Disappointed in Quality
By magicdolphin on

2003 BMW Z4 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I only have 30000 miles on my BMW Z4 2003; I bought it out at the end of my lease; the elec. motor for the convertible top short circuit due to run off water that enters the plastic housing where the elec. motor sits in. The water can't drain and the electric motor will rust and quit. Very expensive repair, poor design. I had the housing replaced in 2008 and now it needs to be replaced again and of course my extended warranty won't cover the repair nor will the dealership
... very poor design indeed and not at all what I expected from BMW.
I also just had to replace the rubber around the windshield and the cowel due to dry rot.
I would have thought the convertible roof of a BMW would last

It is fun to drive but would be more fun if I could put the roof down. Great if you just plan to lease but don't count on long term quality for the price you'll pay.

Better quality materials should be used for the price charged, not to mention lousy cup holders, , paint is coming off on interior door handles , rubber around windshield and cowel need to be of better quality. Considering that one of the main feature is it's a convertible it fails miserably in having proper encasing of the working parts. BMW should do a recall to fix the problem and stop charging owners every few years for this costly repair.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review