BMW Z4 Driving Review
By schwartz on
2003 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)
Z4 BMW is by far the best sports car I have ever driven. The 3.0 has excellent power while still offering tremendous fuel economy. A recent 6 hour trip on interstate highways yielded 30.1 mpg. My Z4 is equipped with the Navigation System and On-board computer, so the mileage reading was exact. Average speed was about 56 MPH with jaunts up to 80 MPH staying with traffic (had to hold back..the Z4 wants to go!). The Z4 is solid as a rock, with no body vibration and sticks like glue to the road surfaces (rough and smooth alike). Also, I love the style and scalloped side panels. Somewhat reminiscent of the 50's and 60's early Corvettes. I love this baby!
Favorite Features
Engine Power from the 3.0. Strong chassis and Solid cornering. Top down is a thrill. Nice and quiet inside, minimal wind buffeting. Easy to listen to those nice CD's. Love the Navigation system. Well worth the cost. Great body style gets many complimentary looks.
Suggested Improvements
Not much I can say here. Perhaps a few more pockets in the driver's compartment as standard. Blond in the passenger seat would be nice.