Used 2003 BMW Z4 Convertible Consumer Reviews - 188 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Z4 model:

The Drive of your Life
By jdimas

2003 BMW Z4 Convertible 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

We love our BMW Z4. It handles well in all weather conditions and by far looks about the best of any convertible in the market.

The car has a very 'tight' steer to it and will go on demand!

Switch sides for some of the buttons on the radio.

A "toy" for the suburbs
By Practical Guy

2003 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I'm a mid-lifer whose purchase reflects a typical mid-life crisis decision. It's a vehicle that's truly a fun "toy". After so many years of driving the terribly practical sedans of the day the Z4 injects a healthy shot of adrenaline as well as a double dose of reality .. (1) It takes a little while to use the 6-speed manual transmission with the unconscious competence needed to enjoy the ride to the max, and (2) Heck, when did I get so old??? Being a practical man with an attitude that frowns upon "social status via automobile", I clearly stepped out-of-my-box with this purchase. It does draw a great deal of attention. That alone takes some getting used to.

Fine handling, On the proper roads (no traffic lights and not boring highway) it'll give you a wonderful thrill.

Improve visibility with the top up. Provide more left elbow room... it's quite tight. Replace the cup holders with more practical storage compartment.

I'm Lovin' it!
By psambucci

2003 BMW Z4 Convertible 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This was truly worth the wait. The power and handling of my Z4 is performance magic. I’ve wanted a Z4 ever since they first came out. She is perfect in every way. She has plenty of truck space; it’s amazing how much you can really fit in there. I’m averaging 25 MPG. It’s everything and more you expect from the ultimate driving machine.

Converible, warrantee, sports package, 5 speed, heated seats

None yet.

A very fun & quick roadster
By Mark

2003 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I had a 2000 Boxster for 3 years before purchasing my Z4. It is Toledo Blue w/ tan interior. Sports package, chrome eliptical wheels & SMG. I would have preferred the 6 speed manual - but my wife wanted an automatic. SMG seemed like a good compromise. It took a while to get used to - but now we both enjoy it. The main complaint is that it is not BMW smooth in the automatic mode. However - I am loving the paddle shifters! The greatest surprise is the gas mileage. I easily get 23-26 in normal day to day driving (not taking it easy on the take offs) and 27-31 on long highway trips!

Same HP as Boxster - but much quicker. Great gas mileage. Paddle shifters. Excellent stereo - easy to enjoy at high speeds with the top down.

SMG - too difficult to explain to valets! Must park the car myself. Front airdam - although it looks great - is so darn low that I must come to a complete stop before going up my driveway and must go under 5 mph over speed bumps or SCRAPE.

Love My Z
By Z4

2003 BMW Z4 Convertible 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I love driving my Z along the beach with the top down. I have had some maintenance problems but it came with a six year warranty. The service from BMW has been great. The trunk space is limited but with duffle bags we have made some wonderful trips. I would not recommend this car to anyone only because I like having the most stylish car in the parking lot...

Convertible, leather, heated seats.

More trunk space.