2003 BMW Z4 Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Z4 model:
Practical, luxurious, sporty all in one
By BCM301 on 01/25/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 BMW Z4 Convertible 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Typical BMW handling, performance, technology, and responsiveness. For a two-seater, this car makes you feel remarkably safe with 6 airbags, sturdy rollbars, stability control, traction control and absolutely fantastic brakes. Surprisingly practical as an everyday commuter - good mileage for a spors car, more trunk space than you think, and of course it's a blast to drive.

Pure Fun to Drive
By phxzam on 01/19/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 BMW Z4 Convertible 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This is by far the most fun I've had driving. I bought the Z4 mainly because I liked the design, but I have absolutely loved the performance. Definitely no remorse for this purchase.

I love it!
By SLCAV on 01/11/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 BMW Z4 Convertible 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I am a first time BMW owner and I cannot believe how easy it was to fall in love with this car. It's fun to drive, impressive and can quickly get you out of a jam (no pun intended) when it really counts. Although the car mags weren't too impressed with the Z4, I have to disagree. The simple interior makes it sharp and functional. It's a drivers car, you don't need any extra bells and whistles. I was and by far is the smartest deal I have ever made. Nick Alexander Imports is an excellent dealership!

Most fun, great value, man-toy yet!
By raman on 01/06/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 BMW Z4 Convertible 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Fewer features than my top of line Pathfinder, cost about the same, but much more fun to drive. If the sex appeal of the Pathfinder is that of "bloomers in a convent", this is the neatest "thong in Rio"! Have yet to drive it somewhere w/o someone commenting on how 'snazy', cute, sexy it is! Abs love it!! The friendly adoration of strangers offsets the open envy of some male friends!

WOW !!
By apultzjr on 01/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 BMW Z4 Convertible 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This is my first BMW and my first Roadster. I was always a fan of the Z3 since my brother bought one in 2001. His was stylish, powerfull, and a blast to drive. My heart was set on a Z3 and I was not very fond of the Z4. Over time, it began to grow on me. I now own a brand new 2.5L Z4 Roadster and I love it!! Very sporty, powerfull, handles great, and is a gorgeous automobile. The navigation system is a little difficult to use but once you get the handle of it, it is fun to use. The only problem I have with it is with the top up, the blind spot is a real problem. Other than that, it is a beauty. I highly recommend one.

I love my car
By Fooky on 01/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 BMW Z4 Convertible 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This is an upgrade from the Z-3 I had, I like the keyless entry and back glass window with defroster much better it just has a few more whistles and bells, seems to handle the road a little better, and I don't see one very other car like I did with the Z-3.

THIS IS THE ULTIMATE DRIVING MACHINE!
By muscler on 12/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This car is as close to perfect as I have ever seen. I previously owned an Acura TL, one of the "sports sedans", but nothing can compare to this car! You don't have to sacrifice much in the way of comfort and utility for this much style and performane. Many say the styling is "controversial", but it is really the most beautiful car I have ever seen. Though it only has 225 hp, my Z4 has beaten Corvettes with close to 400. I love the vicious growl of its engine in the cold morning air. I can't imagine how a 3000 lb. car with 225 hp can go that fast. Others cannot even compare to it. Wonderful BMW. This is the roadster to own!

2003 Z4 - great , Dealer sucks
By dturk on 12/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Wasn't in market for car (getting 530i), but took a ride after hearing about dealer incentives. Car is addictive; bought it. Very precise and responsive. Well worth the price paid (under $39k for loaded vehicle listing over $47k). Only problem is dealer; salesman rammed it with a customer's used car a few days later (381 miles) when I took it back for a paint problem. Now dealer acts like I don't exist. Got an email into BMW North America to see how they handle it. Meanwhile having to use own insurance to get it repaired.

AWESOME
By Piratjoe7 on 12/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 BMW Z4 Convertible 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

The z4 is an awesome car. Not only in its drive and handling, but the cool factor is through the roof. It's simply unique in its exterior design, and stands out beside all other roadsters out there today. If the exterior doesn't float your boat, just go drive one. Its amazingly punchy, and takes corners with no problem. Many people who have ridden with me are amazed at how you can take a corner at "excessive" speeds, without it jarring them into their side door.

Great Car
By Paul Schroeder on 12/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 BMW Z4 Convertible 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This is a great car. It is put together well and very quick with the 5 speed. The steering is quick and precise and the upgraded stereo sounds great. The car sounds great, just like a roadster should. We also have a Corvette, and the two compliment each other well. The Z4 looks, feels and sounds like something out of a Bond film, whereas the Corvette is like taking off in a rocket. Highly recommended.