2003 BMW Z4 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Z4 model:
What a great car
By Cargoer on 05/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

It handles turns great and has great speed. Comfortable inside and looks great.

Awesome!!!
By voyagerkim on 04/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW Z4 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I was the previous owner of a 96 Miata and then the 99 Miata. Going from the Miata to the Z4 was like going from a Ford sedan to a Cadillac! The Miata got the job done and well done at that, but the Z4 is incredible. It picks up where the Miata left off. The ride is incredibly smooth even at high speeds. The storage space in great compared to the Miata. A definite graduation.

YOU NEED TO HAVE ONE OF THESE
By BIMMER on 04/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

The best I vehicle I ever bought

BMW Z4 2.5I BRIGHT RED
By tombrown on 04/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW Z4 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Purchased the BMW after test driving the Porsche and Benz convertibles. The Bmw is by far the better automobile. The BMW came with all options except the pop up dvd navigation system. Love the Z4! Handles like a dream, enough room for tall drivers (I am 6ft 5in) 5 speed manual is smooth, engine performance is great! Dealer (BMW NW) were and continue to be excellent.

Eats Boxters
By drdebt on 04/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Look at a photo - you'll hate it. Go see one in the "flesh". Hmmm . . . that looks different somehow. A few days later . . . I gotta have one. Test drive it (forget the 2.5 litre). Did you once have a go-cart? Then that seat of the pants feeling all comes right back. This thing stick to the pavement like velcro and runs up to 60 faster than the factory claims. Sure, you feel ever rut in the road, but is that bad? Downsides? Well the glove box is just that . . just enough room for gloves. Interior storage . . . what's that? Will your wife/girlfriend hate it? Yes. Is that bad? Not always.

Great Overall car
By 767FO on 04/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW Z4 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Just picked up a 2003 Z4 after extensive research. This is my second BMW, second roadster (owned a Boxster) and am pleased so far. Handles great, good power and a blast to drive. Haven't had it long enough no notice any major problems.

Truely AMAZING!
By Sparkiem1 on 04/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This car is out of this world!The looks are amazing, so different and outragous when compared with the boring, old, Porsche Boxster which I tested and thought was no where near as good. The engine is so powerful and flexble.The noise of the engine is intoxicating. Mines black, black interior with 18 inch star wheels. Got every option availible.The amount of complements I get is unbelivable, I also get alot of jealousy as people look in envy of a 21 year old in such a HOT car. If your lucky enough to be able to own 1 forget about EVERTHING else! There really is no competition and i've tested them all.

couldn't be happier
By mikeb on 03/21/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my first bmw and i now understand the 'ultimate driving machine' tag. It isn't just marketing hype. This car is an amazing drive. No sway, great acceleration, both off the line and at speed. I wasn't sure how the exterior lines would sit with me over time, but having owned it about 9 months now, they don't seem as radical as they did at first impression. All in all, I'm having a ball driving the Z4 and haven't once regretted buying the 3.0 version.

Great Car Crummy Dealer
By trtoad on 03/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 BMW Z4 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Waited 40 years for a roadster, and am I glad I did. This one more that fufills dreams, it makes my wife happy too with the wood trim and heated seats. Top down and blasting on the premium sound Stepenwolf - Magic Carpet ride... the song was written for this car. San Diego BMW has me puzzled... they seem to be over-staff and don't have their 'act' together. Seems the other Beamer owner's are way to impressed with themselves. I'ts a car!!!

A big step up from the Z3
By mcrescenzi on 02/07/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

The dealership gave me a Z3 to drive until my Z4 came in, and once it did arrive, I noticed a huge difference in both performance and ergonomics. For one, BMW adjusted the front windshield, removing the blind spots on either side that were a constant nuisance with the Z3. Another upgrade is the addition of a storage space that is positioned between the driver's and passenger's seats -- perfect for storing CDs. Two suggestions: one, get the heated seats, you can crank those babies up and still put the top down when its below 60 degrees out; two, get the electronically adustable seats -- I didn't and really wish I did.