Used 2003 BMW Z4 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 BMW Z4

View reviews for a specific Z4 model:

Maldive Blue
By MaxZ4

2003 BMW Z4 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Bought the car in August 2006, great car. First BMW, as I was told many times, every little detail is thought through. Automatic windshield wipers, automatic lights, on board computer etc. Was a little disappointed with performance, could be faster in straight lines, but very impressive in curvy roads. Love the stability control, really helps the rear from staying where it should. A great fun car with no backseat. I love it.

Favorite Features

Stability control, quickness to open the top, great in curvy roads. Gorgeous lines. MPG on highway (close to 30).

Suggested Improvements

MPG in town (barely 20), HP for the smaller engine - which was on later model. Run flats - run flats will never work as well as a good Z rated tire.

Fun Car to Drive
By JOHN

2003 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Everyone looks car handles well, fun to drive short or long distances - my partner and I still call driver, mine has every option but 10 speaker DVD nav system, I am glad I chose this car over others.

Favorite Features

The auto top - I had a Jeep Wrangler for 8 years before and the Jeepís top took more than a button and 5 seconds like the Z4.

Suggested Improvements

Head rests are not adjustable - but hey itís a sports car not a sedan. Road noise. Put the window control in the middle. Do not get SMG.

First time BMW owner
By Owen

2003 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

It is an excellent performance vehicle, I have had a lot of fun driving and look forward to having this vehicle for a long time. The only option I did not receive and wish I had purchased was the the navigational system. Lastly, beware this vehicle is an attention getter.

Favorite Features

The vehicle has a number of features I enjoy. The favorite feature would be the exterior design along with the interior design.

Suggested Improvements

None.

Great Car!
By JOHN

2003 BMW Z4 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

The Z4 is the most enjoyable car I have ever owned. It has exceeded my expectations and I am constantly looking for an excuse to go anyware so I can get behind the wheel and drive. In one word, it is simply FUN!

Favorite Features

Power top, radio with iPod option, responsive way the car drives.

Suggested Improvements

I haven't found any.

Awesome Z4
By Jim

2003 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

The most fun auto to drive in my 40 plus years of driving.

Favorite Features

Style, size, bootless top, ample trunk space for a roadster. A vast improvement in all ways over the Z3 that I had.

Suggested Improvements

Needs a couple more inches of road clearance. Cup holders need redesigned. Everything else is perfect.