2003 BMW Z4 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Z4 model:
Better than the 3.0
By Monsieur Bonjour on 05/06/05 11:49 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW Z4 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I'v tried the 3.0l and I didn't see a big difference in the power for the 10000$ you need to add to get the 3.0 compare to the 2.5. The 2.5 is more than enought with the sport package. I had some problem with the radio & amplifier and the automatic roof top after the BOOMERANG DEVICE installation be careful there is a lot of sensor on this car everywhere. Fun to drive and everybody think it's worth twice the price you pay... If you want to flash in a sport car it's the best one to buy but more than everything else it's fun to drive. You can't not resist its race feeling. You will step on the gas after every stop sign. Enjoy

Turning 50
By Dave on 12/31/04 12:35 PM (PST)

2003 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

As the saying goes, when I turned 50 I had a choice between a toy car or a young bride. My wife convinced me the car was cheaper than the divorce. It's also been a great deal more fun. Though our New Hampshire winter's are "wicked" nothing beats having the top down on a summer day while cruising the seacoast. And the Z4 is even comfortable for a cruise down to PA for a visit with the relatives. So if you're turning 50 and have a craving for something fun and exciting, take my wife's advice (and mine) and buy the Z4. You'll have a great time!

Fun car!
By bb on 12/24/04 22:35 PM (PST)

2003 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I've had tons of fun in the car and it's not even warm out yet. My wife was reluctant at first but she fell in love with the car too. It's just a ton of fun to drive!

You gotta drive it to believe it
By DropTopZ4 on 12/21/04 17:15 PM (PST)

2003 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Long story short, I was so enamored with the styling and performance numbers that I ordered my Z4 3.0i via phone without a test drive. It's an awesome car that draws attention everywhere I go. To really feel the power, put it in Sport Mode and punch the throttle. If DSC gets in the way, switch it off. The stereo kicks too. Even the exhaust note sounds as if the engine is bigger than it really is. The automatic top is a crowd pleaser. Handling is solid and stable, and the ride is firm due to the sport suspension and run-flat tires. Test drive one or do what I did and just go buy one!

Fun is the word
By jpicone98 on 10/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW Z4 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I've had my Z-4 for over a year and still can't believe that it feels like my first time driving it each day. People stare at this car wherever you take it. I recommend the black car with red leather interior!!!

Better than an M3 Convertible
By scotth on 09/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Traded a 2002 M3 convertible and the Z4 is a significantly better handling and riding vehicle. I also own a M3 coupe and the Z4 will out handle it but get blown away in the straights. As many reviews have said, the looks grow on you. Gas milage is outstanding compared to the M3 conv and body integrity is much improved.

2.5 Z4
By MPCox on 08/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW Z4 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Excellent sports car.. great handling. Perfect with the Top Down. Although with it up you need to get used to the visibility. Value for money is very good. Much prefer the manual to the automatic, it makes driving it more fun.

corners like a snake
By Vaughn Creach on 07/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

The car is well built,corners like a snake and has impressive high end acceleration.However,my back seems to hurt a little on longer trips.I think its the gas pedal position being to close to the driver.Any other owners with this observation?

Love at First Sight
By IAGasMan on 07/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This car makes every trip, even a run to the grocery store, a good time. Handling and acceleration are superb! The ride is what you'd expect in a BMW and a roadster - very firm, with an excellent sense of exactly where you are on the pavement. The interior is comfortable, although with the top up, a bit of effort is required to fold myself in. The exterior styling, which has been a subject of controversy, was love at first sight at our house!

WOW
By PLATINUMDAVE on 05/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I HAVE DRIVEN ALOT OF FAST CARS, BUT THIS ONE SCARED ME THE FIRST TIME I DROVE IT. I DIDNT THINK IT WAS POSSIBLE TO DO THE THINGS YOU CAN DO IN THIS CAR, AND THE BEST PART OF ALL....IS THAT EVERYONE STARES AS YOU GO BYE.