2003 BMW Z4 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Z4 model:
Fun is the word
By jpicone98 on 10/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW Z4 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I've had my Z-4 for over a year and still can't believe that it feels like my first time driving it each day. People stare at this car wherever you take it. I recommend the black car with red leather interior!!!

2.5 Z4
By MPCox on 08/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW Z4 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Excellent sports car.. great handling. Perfect with the Top Down. Although with it up you need to get used to the visibility. Value for money is very good. Much prefer the manual to the automatic, it makes driving it more fun.

Awesome!!!
By voyagerkim on 04/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW Z4 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I was the previous owner of a 96 Miata and then the 99 Miata. Going from the Miata to the Z4 was like going from a Ford sedan to a Cadillac! The Miata got the job done and well done at that, but the Z4 is incredible. It picks up where the Miata left off. The ride is incredibly smooth even at high speeds. The storage space in great compared to the Miata. A definite graduation.

BMW Z4 2.5I BRIGHT RED
By tombrown on 04/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW Z4 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Purchased the BMW after test driving the Porsche and Benz convertibles. The Bmw is by far the better automobile. The BMW came with all options except the pop up dvd navigation system. Love the Z4! Handles like a dream, enough room for tall drivers (I am 6ft 5in) 5 speed manual is smooth, engine performance is great! Dealer (BMW NW) were and continue to be excellent.

Great Overall car
By 767FO on 04/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW Z4 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Just picked up a 2003 Z4 after extensive research. This is my second BMW, second roadster (owned a Boxster) and am pleased so far. Handles great, good power and a blast to drive. Haven't had it long enough no notice any major problems.

Great Car Crummy Dealer
By trtoad on 03/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 BMW Z4 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Waited 40 years for a roadster, and am I glad I did. This one more that fufills dreams, it makes my wife happy too with the wood trim and heated seats. Top down and blasting on the premium sound Stepenwolf - Magic Carpet ride... the song was written for this car. San Diego BMW has me puzzled... they seem to be over-staff and don't have their 'act' together. Seems the other Beamer owner's are way to impressed with themselves. I'ts a car!!!

Practical, luxurious, sporty all in one
By BCM301 on 01/25/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 BMW Z4 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Typical BMW handling, performance, technology, and responsiveness. For a two-seater, this car makes you feel remarkably safe with 6 airbags, sturdy rollbars, stability control, traction control and absolutely fantastic brakes. Surprisingly practical as an everyday commuter - good mileage for a spors car, more trunk space than you think, and of course it's a blast to drive.

Pure Fun to Drive
By phxzam on 01/19/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 BMW Z4 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This is by far the most fun I've had driving. I bought the Z4 mainly because I liked the design, but I have absolutely loved the performance. Definitely no remorse for this purchase.

I love it!
By SLCAV on 01/11/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 BMW Z4 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I am a first time BMW owner and I cannot believe how easy it was to fall in love with this car. It's fun to drive, impressive and can quickly get you out of a jam (no pun intended) when it really counts. Although the car mags weren't too impressed with the Z4, I have to disagree. The simple interior makes it sharp and functional. It's a drivers car, you don't need any extra bells and whistles. I was and by far is the smartest deal I have ever made. Nick Alexander Imports is an excellent dealership!

Most fun, great value, man-toy yet!
By raman on 01/06/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 BMW Z4 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Fewer features than my top of line Pathfinder, cost about the same, but much more fun to drive. If the sex appeal of the Pathfinder is that of "bloomers in a convent", this is the neatest "thong in Rio"! Have yet to drive it somewhere w/o someone commenting on how 'snazy', cute, sexy it is! Abs love it!! The friendly adoration of strangers offsets the open envy of some male friends!