2003 BMW Z4 2.5i Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

Sort Reviews by

Fun is the word
By jpicone98

2003 BMW Z4 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I've had my Z-4 for over a year and still can't believe that it feels like my first time driving it each day. People stare at this car wherever you take it. I recommend the black car with red leather interior!!!

2.5 Z4
By MPCox

2003 BMW Z4 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Excellent sports car.. great handling. Perfect with the Top Down. Although with it up you need to get used to the visibility. Value for money is very good. Much prefer the manual to the automatic, it makes driving it more fun.

Favorite Features

Body Style is superb.

Suggested Improvements

Glass rear wind deflector instead of the leather

Awesome!!!
By voyagerkim

2003 BMW Z4 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I was the previous owner of a 96 Miata and then the 99 Miata. Going from the Miata to the Z4 was like going from a Ford sedan to a Cadillac! The Miata got the job done and well done at that, but the Z4 is incredible. It picks up where the Miata left off. The ride is incredibly smooth even at high speeds. The storage space in great compared to the Miata. A definite graduation.

Favorite Features

Power top, Xenon headlights, large trunk space for a convertible, storgae area behind seats is a great idea!

Suggested Improvements

Needs a bigger glove box, despite the storage area behind the seats. Can't even fit my registration/insurance card holder in the glove box!

BMW Z4 2.5I BRIGHT RED
By tombrown

2003 BMW Z4 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Purchased the BMW after test driving the Porsche and Benz convertibles. The Bmw is by far the better automobile. The BMW came with all options except the pop up dvd navigation system. Love the Z4! Handles like a dream, enough room for tall drivers (I am 6ft 5in) 5 speed manual is smooth, engine performance is great! Dealer (BMW NW) were and continue to be excellent.

Favorite Features

Heated seats, power top, performance, driving pleasure.

Suggested Improvements

preprogram the daytime running lights and auto door locks. Had to return to the dealer to get this done after reading the owner's manual.

Great Overall car
By 767FO

2003 BMW Z4 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Just picked up a 2003 Z4 after extensive research. This is my second BMW, second roadster (owned a Boxster) and am pleased so far. Handles great, good power and a blast to drive. Haven't had it long enough no notice any major problems.

Favorite Features

Styling, handling, interior ergonomics.

Suggested Improvements

Seats a bit skimpy on support, a few "creaks" here and there.

Great Car Crummy Dealer
By trtoad

2003 BMW Z4 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Waited 40 years for a roadster, and am I glad I did. This one more that fufills dreams, it makes my wife happy too with the wood trim and heated seats. Top down and blasting on the premium sound Stepenwolf - Magic Carpet ride... the song was written for this car. San Diego BMW has me puzzled... they seem to be over-staff and don't have their 'act' together. Seems the other Beamer owner's are way to impressed with themselves. I'ts a car!!!

Favorite Features

solid handling, great performance. Dyno-mite Carver Stereo system. Somebody engineered this thing right. It's a roadster, but more interior/trunk space than any other on the road.

Suggested Improvements

Intrument cluster update.. Get rid of the ashtray...

Practical, luxurious, sporty all in one
By BCM301

2003 BMW Z4 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Typical BMW handling, performance, technology, and responsiveness. For a two-seater, this car makes you feel remarkably safe with 6 airbags, sturdy rollbars, stability control, traction control and absolutely fantastic brakes. Surprisingly practical as an everyday commuter - good mileage for a spors car, more trunk space than you think, and of course it's a blast to drive.

Favorite Features

1) Power soft top is worth the cost. 2) Sport Package. 3) Performance and handling. 4) Premium audio system is great.

Suggested Improvements

With top up it's still a bit noisy, even by convertible standards. I've had a few electrical/computer problems a well.

Pure Fun to Drive
By phxzam

2003 BMW Z4 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This is by far the most fun I've had driving. I bought the Z4 mainly because I liked the design, but I have absolutely loved the performance. Definitely no remorse for this purchase.

Favorite Features

Exterior design, precise steering, automatic top.

Suggested Improvements

Find a way to limit the excessive brake dust.

I love it!
By SLCAV

2003 BMW Z4 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I am a first time BMW owner and I cannot believe how easy it was to fall in love with this car. It's fun to drive, impressive and can quickly get you out of a jam (no pun intended) when it really counts. Although the car mags weren't too impressed with the Z4, I have to disagree. The simple interior makes it sharp and functional. It's a drivers car, you don't need any extra bells and whistles. I was and by far is the smartest deal I have ever made. Nick Alexander Imports is an excellent dealership!

Favorite Features

The quick fully automatic top. The response of the "sport" function when you pop it ino Sport and the sleek styling that is so impressive I assure my self I made a good decision everytime I unlock the door to start my day.

Suggested Improvements

A few kinks and rattles with the CD player and or dash board but I haven't had that looked at yet and it's nothing that effects the drive in such a wonderful car. The gas milage is also not very impressive but I am probably the only Z4 owner looking at that.

Most fun, great value, man-toy yet!
By raman

2003 BMW Z4 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Fewer features than my top of line Pathfinder, cost about the same, but much more fun to drive. If the sex appeal of the Pathfinder is that of "bloomers in a convent", this is the neatest "thong in Rio"! Have yet to drive it somewhere w/o someone commenting on how 'snazy', cute, sexy it is! Abs love it!! The friendly adoration of strangers offsets the open envy of some male friends!

Favorite Features

The driving - responsive stick shift Pick's up great, hugs the road tighter at speeds. Readable guages, out of passenger line of sight -need not know the travel speed. Love the looks, size, feel - silken sexiness - and reactions evoked in men and women alike!!

Suggested Improvements

Throw in the hardtop and I'll drive it year-round even in SD! Make it easier to find instructions about how to add 3rd party CD Changers, Cell Phones etc., that this is already pre-wired for.