Used 2003 BMW Z4 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 BMW Z4 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Z4 model:

Still Like it After 6 Years
By Uncle Dan

2003 BMW Z4 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This is my second review. First one was in 2005 when it was 2 years old. Now has 38,000 miles. Reliability has been good - no problems. Maintenance costs high, but it's a BMW. Great road car. Handles superbly and engine and manual transmission match perfectly.

Performance and handling, reasonable storage space.

Same as before - cup holders, front end too low, and it could use a little more leg room for big guys.

Excellent all the way around
By JimQ

2003 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I've driven mine across the country and it's superb in all respects -- fun, reliable, great gas mileage, great performance, all ways. Even though it's small, it has good storage space and excellent driving compartment space. Gas mileage on the road is 34-38 mpg. Semi-auto transmission is fun, but jerks on changes often, annoying. All in all, a plus, though. I'd buy another without question.

Z4ME
By Z4ME

2003 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my jet black 2003 Z4 in 7/08. I have put on 6,000 miles in Minnesota and have enjoyed everyone. Speed control and power window placement questionable, cup holder is limited. Like the sport button-whole new car when on. Good daily driver, however, you must miss or slow down for every pot hole and RR Xing. Power top fast enough to put up and down in rush hour. If you buy this car must put a 3M clear bra on ($400). The hood is a rock magnet. Always a head turner. I will come out of a store and always see people looking in. This is my 4th BMW (1 325 xi, 1 325i, and 1 x5) by far the most impractical but ALWAYS the most fun. 35 male-Minnesota

Sport drive and navigation system. The fact that I can take a clover leaf marked at 25 mph at 60 mph and not worry.

Standard clear bra and parking training. If you think you have enough room to pull farther forward...you don't. Take ramps slow you will knock the front wind dam on the ground.

Dependable?
By Morduk

2003 BMW Z4 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Bought the car in November of 2003. Loved the drive of the car and was impressed with the it's lines. Within the first 3,000 miles, had to repair both front tires due to puncture. After 10,000 miles had to replace all 4 tires. Inflation pressure listed by BMW was not the same as required by the tire company. No problem with tires after proper inflation. Soft top would not function due to a leak in system. Fixed under warranty. Problem with front suspension system. Fixed under warranty. Few months after warranty ended, master computer system failed. Replacement value $1,300. BMW paid half. Currently car is in shop for front suspension system problems again.

I have always heard that BMW's is a brand that is very dependable and almost repair free. Perhaps I bought a lemon. Considering the cost and time of the repairs, I would think long and hard before I bought another BMW. Have two Toyotas with over 100,000 repair free miles.

I LOVE MY Z4
By Robert Dugan

2003 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This car hugs the road so nicely it just give me goose bumps when I drive it. My mother thinks the car is the coolest and loves driving in it with the top down.

The speed and the handling but also the looks. It is a beautiful car BMW did good on this car.

Raise the front end up just a little bit.