2003 BMW Z4 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Z4 model:
Pure Entertainment
By jackflash on 09/04/06 20:07 PM (PDT)

2003 BMW Z4 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Bought car with 28,000 miles on it and it's a dream sports car. Great performance, responsive and quiet, even with the top down. It's nearly as quiet as my lexus with the top up. Very comfortable, very fast, very happy. I'm always looking for a reason to drive somewhere.

The Drive of your Life
By jdimas on 08/06/06 19:15 PM (PDT)

2003 BMW Z4 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

We love our BMW Z4. It handles well in all weather conditions and by far looks about the best of any convertible in the market.

A "toy" for the suburbs
By Practical Guy on 07/09/06 07:15 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I'm a mid-lifer whose purchase reflects a typical mid-life crisis decision. It's a vehicle that's truly a fun "toy". After so many years of driving the terribly practical sedans of the day the Z4 injects a healthy shot of adrenaline as well as a double dose of reality .. (1) It takes a little while to use the 6-speed manual transmission with the unconscious competence needed to enjoy the ride to the max, and (2) Heck, when did I get so old??? Being a practical man with an attitude that frowns upon "social status via automobile", I clearly stepped out-of-my-box with this purchase. It does draw a great deal of attention. That alone takes some getting used to.

I'm Lovin' it!
By psambucci on 07/07/06 06:32 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW Z4 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This was truly worth the wait. The power and handling of my Z4 is performance magic. I’ve wanted a Z4 ever since they first came out. She is perfect in every way. She has plenty of truck space; it’s amazing how much you can really fit in there. I’m averaging 25 MPG. It’s everything and more you expect from the ultimate driving machine.

A very fun & quick roadster
By Mark on 06/28/06 22:41 PM (PDT)

2003 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I had a 2000 Boxster for 3 years before purchasing my Z4. It is Toledo Blue w/ tan interior. Sports package, chrome eliptical wheels & SMG. I would have preferred the 6 speed manual - but my wife wanted an automatic. SMG seemed like a good compromise. It took a while to get used to - but now we both enjoy it. The main complaint is that it is not BMW smooth in the automatic mode. However - I am loving the paddle shifters! The greatest surprise is the gas mileage. I easily get 23-26 in normal day to day driving (not taking it easy on the take offs) and 27-31 on long highway trips!

Love My Z
By Z4 on 06/13/06 18:29 PM (PDT)

2003 BMW Z4 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I love driving my Z along the beach with the top down. I have had some maintenance problems but it came with a six year warranty. The service from BMW has been great. The trunk space is limited but with duffle bags we have made some wonderful trips. I would not recommend this car to anyone only because I like having the most stylish car in the parking lot...

Z4 Review
By Fred L. Rasp on 05/08/06 15:02 PM (PDT)

2003 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This car is a joy to drive. It is responsive, hangs on to the road, has a great sound, and runs through the gears beautifully. The top works quickly and well. It also is fairly quiet. I love this car.

RESPECT
By EDWARD RAMIREZ on 04/29/06 04:54 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW Z4 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

just bought this amazing roadster, let me tell you, if the car looks impressive in person that's nothing compared to the driving experience you get every single time you go out for a run! This control over pavement soars you above all drivers going or coming your way (no matter what their driving). I find myself not wanting to reach destinations so quick,so I take the longer routes to enjoy this magnificent piece of workmanship.I can only say to BMW: My respect to you.

Driving The Good Life
By Dean on 04/08/06 20:47 PM (PDT)

2003 BMW Z4 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I feel my Z4 sometimes anticipates what I'm thinking. The power is there, the steering is true and the Z4 knows how to use it. When I get crazy and take a turn too fast it keeps me glued to the road. I know the longest way to any place in town and frequently hit the freeway & drive 20 miles for a cup of coffee. 70 degrees and the top comes down the music goes up. You'll know me when I pass, I'm the one with the big grin on my face. I've owned a Corvette and a porsche, honestly they don't compare.This auto never breaks down! Drive one, you'll see.

Let it ride
By Stewart Brenner on 03/11/06 14:54 PM (PST)

2003 BMW Z4 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

At 73 years of age, I'm enjoying the out doors more and more. Fun to drive and be looked at. Car moves out quickly, and handles easily. A smoother ride than you would think from a car that's low to the ground.