2003 BMW Z4 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Z4 model:
I love this car
By Tarzan on 12/27/07 07:16 AM (PST)

2003 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Fabulous car. Replaced a (blown) 97 Miata STO which was a spectacular car--but the Z has everything my beloved Miata did not (legroom, to name only one example!). I've had it for a couple of months now and just flat love this car. Performance is wonderful, build quality is stellar and chicks dig it. Only suggestion for improvement would be to increase interior storage space a bit. Very happy to have this car and would recommend it without hesitation.

Great, even 5 years after manufacture!
By Pat on 12/26/07 12:50 PM (PST)

2003 BMW Z4 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I fell in love with the Z4 while looking for a sports car. Had a rough start though; since I have the sport package a deep pothole ate the passenger side and forced a repair. Then the convertible top refused to work. Then an electrical failure forced another round of work. In all though, I've taken this to the track and on road trips-and it's been sheer joy. Even driving to work is fun! It's gotten nice looks from passerby too. A few nits: tire roar is deafening even with top up, rattles galore on rough roads, and auto top suffers from finicky electrical shortages. But don't let those stop you from buying this wonderful machine.

BMW Z4 3.0 2003
By G. Gutierrez on 09/06/07 07:26 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is the best car I have ever owned. After 40,000 miles the only repair required (at no cost) was to reset the passenger window. Great fun to drive and extremely reliable. I am thinking about buying a new car, but I hate to give this one up!

Running Young
By Dean on 07/19/07 11:45 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Soon to be 52 and adding a 16 year old daughter to the highway led to this purchase. Wow! Amazing how quick memories return to the 70s and 80s open tops of 280z, TR6, Spitfire and my first, 1969 Fiat. Wonderfully balanced handler, just enough interior space, stunning exterior lines. Hard to read electronic displays when top is down, cup holders a waste, and no locking compartments. Small issues given every minute of fun you'll feel behind the wheel!

Mid Life Crisis
By burnsmw on 07/06/07 07:49 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW Z4 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I traded in my 740iL for something a little smaller and more fun to drive and was not disappointed. I have been driving BMW since the early 90s and have had nothing but positive experiences with them all. I started in Europe where the BMW is at home on the autobahn then moved here to the States. The Z4 is quick and nimble, and though I chose the smaller 2.5 it has more than enough power to get things moving. Mileage is great for the power it has. The engine is typical BMW, VERY smooth and quiet. Trunk space is large for the class but interior storage is lacking. I have the sport suspension which is, at times, stiff enough to jar you when large bumps are found. Handling is great.

Maldive Blue
By MaxZ4 on 02/07/07 14:02 PM (PST)

2003 BMW Z4 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Bought the car in August 2006, great car. First BMW, as I was told many times, every little detail is thought through. Automatic windshield wipers, automatic lights, on board computer etc. Was a little disappointed with performance, could be faster in straight lines, but very impressive in curvy roads. Love the stability control, really helps the rear from staying where it should. A great fun car with no backseat. I love it.

Fun Car to Drive
By JOHN on 01/26/07 17:20 PM (PST)

2003 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Everyone looks car handles well, fun to drive short or long distances - my partner and I still call driver, mine has every option but 10 speaker DVD nav system, I am glad I chose this car over others.

First time BMW owner
By Owen on 12/09/06 09:06 AM (PST)

2003 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

It is an excellent performance vehicle, I have had a lot of fun driving and look forward to having this vehicle for a long time. The only option I did not receive and wish I had purchased was the the navigational system. Lastly, beware this vehicle is an attention getter.

Great Car!
By JOHN on 11/12/06 15:40 PM (PST)

2003 BMW Z4 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

The Z4 is the most enjoyable car I have ever owned. It has exceeded my expectations and I am constantly looking for an excuse to go anyware so I can get behind the wheel and drive. In one word, it is simply FUN!

Awesome Z4
By Jim on 09/14/06 11:28 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

The most fun auto to drive in my 40 plus years of driving.