Used 2003 BMW Z4 3.0i Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Z4 model:

Smile on my face
By DickP

2003 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have had this car for 6 years and I still can't get over how much fun it is to drive. I rented a Corvette on vacation and couldn't believe the difference. The Z is fast, refined and nimble, the Corvette was fast, loud and didn't handle as well as my 1961 Corvair. The only car I have seen that would make me want to trade it is the 2010 Z with the twin Turbo. That has to be scary fast.

Favorite Features

Sport Package just adds another dimension.

Suggested Improvements

can't think of anything

Excellent all the way around
By JimQ

2003 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I've driven mine across the country and it's superb in all respects -- fun, reliable, great gas mileage, great performance, all ways. Even though it's small, it has good storage space and excellent driving compartment space. Gas mileage on the road is 34-38 mpg. Semi-auto transmission is fun, but jerks on changes often, annoying. All in all, a plus, though. I'd buy another without question.

Z4ME
By Z4ME

2003 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my jet black 2003 Z4 in 7/08. I have put on 6,000 miles in Minnesota and have enjoyed everyone. Speed control and power window placement questionable, cup holder is limited. Like the sport button-whole new car when on. Good daily driver, however, you must miss or slow down for every pot hole and RR Xing. Power top fast enough to put up and down in rush hour. If you buy this car must put a 3M clear bra on ($400). The hood is a rock magnet. Always a head turner. I will come out of a store and always see people looking in. This is my 4th BMW (1 325 xi, 1 325i, and 1 x5) by far the most impractical but ALWAYS the most fun. 35 male-Minnesota

Favorite Features

Sport drive and navigation system. The fact that I can take a clover leaf marked at 25 mph at 60 mph and not worry.

Suggested Improvements

Standard clear bra and parking training. If you think you have enough room to pull farther forward...you don't. Take ramps slow you will knock the front wind dam on the ground.

I LOVE MY Z4
By Robert Dugan

2003 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This car hugs the road so nicely it just give me goose bumps when I drive it. My mother thinks the car is the coolest and loves driving in it with the top down.

Favorite Features

The speed and the handling but also the looks. It is a beautiful car BMW did good on this car.

Suggested Improvements

Raise the front end up just a little bit.

I love this car
By Tarzan

2003 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Fabulous car. Replaced a (blown) 97 Miata STO which was a spectacular car--but the Z has everything my beloved Miata did not (legroom, to name only one example!). I've had it for a couple of months now and just flat love this car. Performance is wonderful, build quality is stellar and chicks dig it. Only suggestion for improvement would be to increase interior storage space a bit. Very happy to have this car and would recommend it without hesitation.

Favorite Features

Power. Style.

Suggested Improvements

More interior storage space.