Used 2003 BMW Z4 Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 BMW Z4 Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Z4 model:

2003 Z4 - great , Dealer sucks
By dturk

2003 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Wasn't in market for car (getting 530i), but took a ride after hearing about dealer incentives. Car is addictive; bought it. Very precise and responsive. Well worth the price paid (under $39k for loaded vehicle listing over $47k). Only problem is dealer; salesman rammed it with a customer's used car a few days later (381 miles) when I took it back for a paint problem. Now dealer acts like I don't exist. Got an email into BMW North America to see how they handle it. Meanwhile having to use own insurance to get it repaired.

shift (throw), sport button, electric roof, heated seats, very tight steering, overall feel

between the seats storage bin door is flimsy, missing built in garage door opener, useless glove box, would like more analog guages, get rid of reset buttons at base between tach and odometer

AWESOME
By Piratjoe7

2003 BMW Z4 Convertible 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

The z4 is an awesome car. Not only in its drive and handling, but the cool factor is through the roof. It's simply unique in its exterior design, and stands out beside all other roadsters out there today. If the exterior doesn't float your boat, just go drive one. Its amazingly punchy, and takes corners with no problem. Many people who have ridden with me are amazed at how you can take a corner at "excessive" speeds, without it jarring them into their side door.

The convertible top goes up and down super quick. Also, the sport package rocks, with a sport button that gives you better response and quicker accelaration. The inside is also well designed with plenty of leg room even for tall folks, and its also the safest roadters out today.

Great Car
By Paul Schroeder

2003 BMW Z4 Convertible 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This is a great car. It is put together well and very quick with the 5 speed. The steering is quick and precise and the upgraded stereo sounds great. The car sounds great, just like a roadster should. We also have a Corvette, and the two compliment each other well. The Z4 looks, feels and sounds like something out of a Bond film, whereas the Corvette is like taking off in a rocket. Highly recommended.

Self sealing windows, large trunk for such a small car, fully automatic top, stereo.

A $39,000 sticker price car should include the items in the convenience pack - self dimming mirrors, trip computer, cargo nets, etc...

FUN TO RIDE
By 1ST SERGEANT

2003 BMW Z4 Convertible 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I RECENTLY PURCHASED MY Z4 AND I AM VERY HAPPY WITH THE AUTO. I GIVE HIGH TO BMW FOR IT'S DESIGN EFFORTS AND BUILD QUALITY. THE DESIGN IMPRESSES ME MOST FOR IT'S EYE CATCHING LINES AND STANCE. IT IS VERY DIFFERNT IN SOME RESPECTS FROM OTHER AUTO THAT YOU SEE ON THE ROAD TODAY AND THAT IS WHAT APPEALED TO ME IN MY SELECTION PROCESSES.

MY FAVORITE FEATURE IS THE AUTO TOP. I SIMPLY LOVE IT AND WOULD NEVER THINK OF PURCHASING AN AUTO WITHOUT IT.

THE AUTO IS A WORK OF ART AS IT IS. MY ONLY CONCERN IS THE GROSS AMOUNT OF BRAKE DUST THAT COLLECTS ON THE WHEELS AFTER A BRIEF TRIP.

Love it, Love it!!
By Rebalol

2003 BMW Z4 Convertible 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I've wanted a convertible sports car all my life and I fell in love with a Z3 (by site only) back in 98. When I could finally afford to buy what I wanted, I did lots of research and decided the Z4 was my best buy. It has not only met all of my expectations, it surpasses them. I love the speed, I love the handling, I love the looks I get when I drive it!

I love how it takes off from a stop -- I love to be the fastest one away from the intersection :-). It feels just as smooth at top speed as it does sitting still.

Tilt the radio controls down -- they are hard to see with the sun shining when the top is down...which mine is unles there is precip falling out of the sky, which is unusal where I live.

• SUV