Used 2003 BMW Z4 Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 BMW Z4 Convertible

View reviews for a specific Z4 model:

FUN TO RIDE
By 1ST SERGEANT

2003 BMW Z4 Convertible 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I RECENTLY PURCHASED MY Z4 AND I AM VERY HAPPY WITH THE AUTO. I GIVE HIGH TO BMW FOR IT'S DESIGN EFFORTS AND BUILD QUALITY. THE DESIGN IMPRESSES ME MOST FOR IT'S EYE CATCHING LINES AND STANCE. IT IS VERY DIFFERNT IN SOME RESPECTS FROM OTHER AUTO THAT YOU SEE ON THE ROAD TODAY AND THAT IS WHAT APPEALED TO ME IN MY SELECTION PROCESSES.

Favorite Features

MY FAVORITE FEATURE IS THE AUTO TOP. I SIMPLY LOVE IT AND WOULD NEVER THINK OF PURCHASING AN AUTO WITHOUT IT.

Suggested Improvements

THE AUTO IS A WORK OF ART AS IT IS. MY ONLY CONCERN IS THE GROSS AMOUNT OF BRAKE DUST THAT COLLECTS ON THE WHEELS AFTER A BRIEF TRIP.

Love it, Love it!!
By Rebalol

2003 BMW Z4 Convertible 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I've wanted a convertible sports car all my life and I fell in love with a Z3 (by site only) back in 98. When I could finally afford to buy what I wanted, I did lots of research and decided the Z4 was my best buy. It has not only met all of my expectations, it surpasses them. I love the speed, I love the handling, I love the looks I get when I drive it!

Favorite Features

I love how it takes off from a stop -- I love to be the fastest one away from the intersection :-). It feels just as smooth at top speed as it does sitting still.

Suggested Improvements

Tilt the radio controls down -- they are hard to see with the sun shining when the top is down...which mine is unles there is precip falling out of the sky, which is unusal where I live.

Pure Roadster Experience
By Chris02

2003 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

A great car to drive and to maintain. Every feature is of high quality and reliable. The design is classic and will be as sought after twenty years from now just as the 50s Mercedes SL 190 is today. The SMG (semi-manual gearbox) adds substantially to the driving experience. The car is far superior to the Audi TT (the slowest roadster ever) and the SLK. Comparable are the Boxster S and the AMG SLK, but both are quite a bit more expensive. Thus BMW gives you the by far best deal for your money. As an advice, do not save on the extras and get as many as you can. You will appreciate it later and every time ou get into your roadster.

Favorite Features

SMG Sport-Button Accelleration Design Handling Sound

Suggested Improvements

M-Version

Immediate Gratification
By HawaiianZ

2003 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Traded up from a Mazda RX8. What a noticable difference in performance and handling. SMG performance is outstanding as is the acceleration in all gears. Auto top is quick and effortless. Gas mileage is averaging 27- 28 mpg! Fit and finish immaculate with no noted faults or defects. Wife loves driving it and likes the electronic seat adjustments and looks of car. Immediate gratification for the senses!

Favorite Features

Hard to distinguish favorites as all features work in coordination to provide a smooth and effortless driving experience. Speed of raising/lowering top is an outstanding feature.

Suggested Improvements

Alarm system should be standard and not cost $480.00! A bit more trunk and storage space in the cabin as well as place for coins.

Just got it
By Fred

2003 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Just picked my 3.0 up. fully loaded except nav and cd changer. So far a gas to drive. handles and rides well. nothing to complain about. More later.

Favorite Features

Sound, handling, shifting. love to drive it.

Suggested Improvements

No alarm system on a rag top??