Used 2003 BMW Z4 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Z4 model:

I love it!
By SLCAV

2003 BMW Z4 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I am a first time BMW owner and I cannot believe how easy it was to fall in love with this car. It's fun to drive, impressive and can quickly get you out of a jam (no pun intended) when it really counts. Although the car mags weren't too impressed with the Z4, I have to disagree. The simple interior makes it sharp and functional. It's a drivers car, you don't need any extra bells and whistles. I was and by far is the smartest deal I have ever made. Nick Alexander Imports is an excellent dealership!

The quick fully automatic top. The response of the "sport" function when you pop it ino Sport and the sleek styling that is so impressive I assure my self I made a good decision everytime I unlock the door to start my day.

A few kinks and rattles with the CD player and or dash board but I haven't had that looked at yet and it's nothing that effects the drive in such a wonderful car. The gas milage is also not very impressive but I am probably the only Z4 owner looking at that.

Most fun, great value, man-toy yet!
By raman

2003 BMW Z4 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Fewer features than my top of line Pathfinder, cost about the same, but much more fun to drive. If the sex appeal of the Pathfinder is that of "bloomers in a convent", this is the neatest "thong in Rio"! Have yet to drive it somewhere w/o someone commenting on how 'snazy', cute, sexy it is! Abs love it!! The friendly adoration of strangers offsets the open envy of some male friends!

The driving - responsive stick shift Pick's up great, hugs the road tighter at speeds. Readable guages, out of passenger line of sight -need not know the travel speed. Love the looks, size, feel - silken sexiness - and reactions evoked in men and women alike!!

Throw in the hardtop and I'll drive it year-round even in SD! Make it easier to find instructions about how to add 3rd party CD Changers, Cell Phones etc., that this is already pre-wired for.

WOW !!
By apultzjr

2003 BMW Z4 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This is my first BMW and my first Roadster. I was always a fan of the Z3 since my brother bought one in 2001. His was stylish, powerfull, and a blast to drive. My heart was set on a Z3 and I was not very fond of the Z4. Over time, it began to grow on me. I now own a brand new 2.5L Z4 Roadster and I love it!! Very sporty, powerfull, handles great, and is a gorgeous automobile. The navigation system is a little difficult to use but once you get the handle of it, it is fun to use. The only problem I have with it is with the top up, the blind spot is a real problem. Other than that, it is a beauty. I highly recommend one.

Styling; Navigation system; 5 speed a must.

Blind spot with top up. A little more trunk space to fit golf clubs.

I love my car
By Fooky

2003 BMW Z4 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This is an upgrade from the Z-3 I had, I like the keyless entry and back glass window with defroster much better it just has a few more whistles and bells, seems to handle the road a little better, and I don't see one very other car like I did with the Z-3.

Back glass with defroster... automatic convertible top, heated seats

maybe find a way to install On Star in it

THIS IS THE ULTIMATE DRIVING MACHINE!
By muscler

2003 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This car is as close to perfect as I have ever seen. I previously owned an Acura TL, one of the "sports sedans", but nothing can compare to this car! You don't have to sacrifice much in the way of comfort and utility for this much style and performane. Many say the styling is "controversial", but it is really the most beautiful car I have ever seen. Though it only has 225 hp, my Z4 has beaten Corvettes with close to 400. I love the vicious growl of its engine in the cold morning air. I can't imagine how a 3000 lb. car with 225 hp can go that fast. Others cannot even compare to it. Wonderful BMW. This is the roadster to own!

Performance, handling, build quality, styling, NAV system... This car has it all!

Fuel economy, pretty good for roadster.

• SUV