Used 2003 BMW Z4 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Z4 model:

I love my car
By Fooky

2003 BMW Z4 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This is an upgrade from the Z-3 I had, I like the keyless entry and back glass window with defroster much better it just has a few more whistles and bells, seems to handle the road a little better, and I don't see one very other car like I did with the Z-3.

Favorite Features

Back glass with defroster... automatic convertible top, heated seats

Suggested Improvements

maybe find a way to install On Star in it

THIS IS THE ULTIMATE DRIVING MACHINE!
By muscler

2003 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This car is as close to perfect as I have ever seen. I previously owned an Acura TL, one of the "sports sedans", but nothing can compare to this car! You don't have to sacrifice much in the way of comfort and utility for this much style and performane. Many say the styling is "controversial", but it is really the most beautiful car I have ever seen. Though it only has 225 hp, my Z4 has beaten Corvettes with close to 400. I love the vicious growl of its engine in the cold morning air. I can't imagine how a 3000 lb. car with 225 hp can go that fast. Others cannot even compare to it. Wonderful BMW. This is the roadster to own!

Favorite Features

Performance, handling, build quality, styling, NAV system... This car has it all!

Suggested Improvements

Fuel economy, pretty good for roadster.

2003 Z4 - great , Dealer sucks
By dturk

2003 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Wasn't in market for car (getting 530i), but took a ride after hearing about dealer incentives. Car is addictive; bought it. Very precise and responsive. Well worth the price paid (under $39k for loaded vehicle listing over $47k). Only problem is dealer; salesman rammed it with a customer's used car a few days later (381 miles) when I took it back for a paint problem. Now dealer acts like I don't exist. Got an email into BMW North America to see how they handle it. Meanwhile having to use own insurance to get it repaired.

Favorite Features

shift (throw), sport button, electric roof, heated seats, very tight steering, overall feel

Suggested Improvements

between the seats storage bin door is flimsy, missing built in garage door opener, useless glove box, would like more analog guages, get rid of reset buttons at base between tach and odometer

AWESOME
By Piratjoe7

2003 BMW Z4 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

The z4 is an awesome car. Not only in its drive and handling, but the cool factor is through the roof. It's simply unique in its exterior design, and stands out beside all other roadsters out there today. If the exterior doesn't float your boat, just go drive one. Its amazingly punchy, and takes corners with no problem. Many people who have ridden with me are amazed at how you can take a corner at "excessive" speeds, without it jarring them into their side door.

Favorite Features

The convertible top goes up and down super quick. Also, the sport package rocks, with a sport button that gives you better response and quicker accelaration. The inside is also well designed with plenty of leg room even for tall folks, and its also the safest roadters out today.

Great Car
By Paul Schroeder

2003 BMW Z4 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This is a great car. It is put together well and very quick with the 5 speed. The steering is quick and precise and the upgraded stereo sounds great. The car sounds great, just like a roadster should. We also have a Corvette, and the two compliment each other well. The Z4 looks, feels and sounds like something out of a Bond film, whereas the Corvette is like taking off in a rocket. Highly recommended.

Favorite Features

Self sealing windows, large trunk for such a small car, fully automatic top, stereo.

Suggested Improvements

A $39,000 sticker price car should include the items in the convenience pack - self dimming mirrors, trip computer, cargo nets, etc...