2003 BMW Z4 2.5i Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

Sort Reviews by

Z4 2.5i update
By visserdove

This is one great Roadster. Highly recommend

Favorite Features

Design, Performance & handling

Suggested Improvements

N/A

Bad build quality
By Jacques

2003 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

The Z4 is a build in USA, with poor build quality. The car built in Germany is better.

Value oriented roadster
By kahrboy

2003 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Traded '02 Corvette as I wanted a car a little more feeling like an old school sports car with a litle muscle car feel. Corvette is a five second 0 to 60 car that handles well, but can't get over speed bumps and every kid in a 5.0 Mustang(Mustangs are a great buy)feels they must race. This car gives up a few tenths 0 to 60 and is not a contender in the quarter. However, on the twisty roads it is more fun than the C-5; I think a better value than the excellent Boxter. For 60 k the Boxter S can't compare to the Z06 with 10 K left over.

Favorite Features

3.0 L is without peer.

Suggested Improvements

A value oriented 3.0L. There are folks that would drive this car with no leather, no CD, etc. They might be able to buy this for say 30K or less rather than the "tuners".

BMW Z4
By ehl

2003 BMW Z4 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Great car to drive, handles very well, looks impressive, and a real babe magnet.

Suggested Improvements

1. Steering-wheel audio control 2. One-touch open / close of retractable roof

My wifes valentines present
By GaryP

2003 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I love this car. I bought It for my wife as a valentine present and she really enjoys driving it. The only problem that I have seen is that the factory paint job does not reflect a $40000. vehicle. When we picked it up from the dealer it was obvious that he hadn't checked it out because the drivers electric seat wasn't working.

Favorite Features

I have had several sport cars and this one drives and handles as nice as any that I have owned.

Suggested Improvements

The Quality control, that I exoected from BMW,seems to be lacking. I also own an older 5 series BMW and It seems as though the company paid more attention to detail on it.

GOZZZZZZZZZZZ
By Zsmylife

2003 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Great car. Originally owned Z3, and this is a much stronger roadster. In my opinion a good cross between the Porsche and Mercedes. Very satisfying

ZED vs BOX
By REDZ Z

2003 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Well, what'll it be? The ZED or Boxster? I wanted to buy a "high-end" roadster for my wife's birthday recently. The Boxster has an uncanny sense of balance but, the ZED is faster, has much more torque, more responsive, more civilized, newer design, has more safety options, and plain sexier than the Boxster. Topless in the sun, tunes blasting from the absolutely fantastic audiophile Carver sound system. What could be better therapy? Sunshine, Miles Davis tooting his horn, top down, and high-speed corner carving on one of the Car & Driver?s Top Ten Roads, in a drop dead gorgeous Sterling 3.0 litre with the Sport Button engaged!!! Is this a great roadster or what?!!!

Favorite Features

Top ten rated 3.0 liter, fast power top, elegant interior, slick StepTronic manual over-ride, & superb brakes. What's not to like!

Suggested Improvements

OK, maybe the 18 inch wheels & rubber are a bit stiff, but why are you reading this review if that is a problem?

2nd Z
By aditr

2003 BMW Z4 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Fun of a roadster; has features of "real cars"

Favorite Features

bigger trunk

Suggested Improvements

Place for garage door opener

Watch 'em Stare
By Yesitsme

2003 BMW Z4 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Got a great deal on a fully loaded 2.5 Z4. They do sell them below MSRP. The ride is fantastic as is the handling. Took it yesterday in the mountains with plenty of winding roads. Couldn't get a peep out of the tires. Drives like it is on rails. I can clearly tell the difference on winding roads with sport pkg. The Carver stereo refuses to quit. After 200 miles in the mountains yesterday I wanted to drive more. The only sore things were my ears from too much music. It got 28 MPG to boot. W/ top up the cockpit is very quiet. I get looks everywhere I go. I now like waiting at lights just to see who's staring.

Favorite Features

Plenty of torque above 2000 RPM Power Roof very quick Stereo - the best I ever heard

Suggested Improvements

Cup holders won't hold 16 oz. bottles. Cruise control stalk is too close to lights' stalk.

So much fun
By rplothow

2003 BMW Z4 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

We tested the Boxter, S2000, TT, Thunderbird, 350Z and Mercedes SLK 320 before settling on the Z4 2.5, with nearly all the available options. We made the right choice. Two months into ownership, we love the car more now than when we picked it up. It performs spectacular, especially on corners and in acceleration. It gets stares and comments wherever we go (a guy in a 4WD pickup hollered 'nice car' at a stoplight just yesterday. It's surprisingly comfortable for a roadster and so much fun. My wife uses it as her every day car and loves it.

Favorite Features

The spectacular engine and daring design.

Suggested Improvements

The cupholders stink. Otherwise...